Job ID : 28555
Location : Westernville, NY
Company Name : OPT Nation
Job Type : Full-Time, Parttime, Contract, Training
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $87,000 - $110,000 per year
No. of Positions : I Have Ongoing Need To Fill This Role
Required Skills : Frontend Developer,Engineer,Software Developer,
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,401K,Life Insurance
Job Description :
- Break down functional requirements into technical tasks.
- Communicate with clients to clarify requirements and discuss solution options.
- Estimate development tasks.
- Design data structures, including component composition, properties, and state.
- Suggest improvements to software systems.
- Lead portions of the project development process.
- Troubleshoot operational issues to determine root cause and perform resolution.
- Manage codebase to create releases and deploy code to production systems.
- Shares knowledge and mentors colleagues as needed.
- Provide self-documenting code and operational documentation as required.
- Meet periodically with a mentor/manager/team lead to keep on track with development.
- Accept constructive feedback and seek assistance as needed.
- Perform code reviews on pull requests.
- Strong knowledge of modern CSS, including, Flexbox, CSS grid, CSS variables.
- Strong understanding of the DOM (Document Object Model) and DOM manipulation.
- Experience with one or more frontend frameworks.
- Experience writing automated tests using systems such as Mocha, Jest, or Cypress.
- Ability to collaborate with design and product team(s) and make recommendations that ease or improve implementation.
- Experience using Git, including the abilities to commit code, work with merge conflicts and comprehend industry standard Git workflows.
- Experience with, or basic knowledge of, Web Components strongly preferred.
- Experience developing in TypeScript.
- Experience developing with Tailwind CSS.
- Experience advocating for accessibility best practices.
- Drupal theming experience, including the Twig templating system, a plus.
- Experience with bundling systems such as Webpack, Snowpack, Parcel, etc.
- Complete assigned tickets in the sprint.
- Successfully merge code into the build pipeline.
- Participate in frontend code reviews on current project(s).
- Contribute to sprint planning and other agile ceremonies.
- Share expertise with clients and colleagues as needed.
- Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication on live video chats, calls, and through emails and messaging platforms for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures. Must also be able to gather information from clients and employees and synthesize this information in a meaningful way. May also be responsible for making improvements or recommendations to existing procedures.
- Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information, store information learned from conversations and communications, and then be and be able to quickly recall, interpret, and explain information.
- Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
- Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees and clients.
- Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.