Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Accentures Trading & Commercial Practice is a global market leader in T&C Strategy, Consulting, and Operations. We are a trusted advisor and guide our clients through the full business-transformation lifecycle. From leading commodity traders and marketers, to producers, utilities, oil supermajors, midstream logistics companies, and commodity consumers, we help our clients define and execute their trading strategies. Through a combination of deep market insight, a scalable delivery framework in trading platforms, and strategic partnerships with industry software leaders, we leverage a world-class and differentiated trading capability that attracts and fosters the best talent in the industry. As a Consultant within our Trading & Commercial practice, your key responsibilities may include:
- Assisting clients with business transformations through business process redesign and organizational change management
- Architecting and delivering presentations and recommendations to client executives
- Gathering functional requirements and creating functional design deliverables
- Driving system configuration activities
- Assembling, managing, and translating large datasets
- Conducting test planning and execution activities
- Developing strong working relationships with clients and team members
- Continuously improving business knowledge, technical capabilities, and problem-solving skills, and helping clients and team members to do the same
- Travel may be required a weekly basis (typically Monday - Thursday), depending on project location
Basic Qualifications2 years of experience in the commodities trading industryAbility to engage clients about their business and discuss commercial operations, share industry leading practices, and identify opportunities for commercial optimization, cost reduction, or process improvementAbility to engage with Accenture Analytics to define and position industry-specific analytics solutionsBachelors degree or equivalent work experience Professional Qualifications2 years of experience in a commercial role in an independent power producer, midstream marketer, or other leading commodities trading or supply organizationAt least 2 years of In-depth experience with Crude Markets, Downstream Energy, and Value Chain. Also ideal to have experience in at least one of the following:
- Power Markets ISO/RTOs, Transmission, Congestion Products, Capacity
- Natural Gas Pipelines, Inventory Management, Transportation, Park and Loan, Storage
- LNG Lifting Schedules, Inventory Management, Vessel Scheduling
2+ years of experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Traded Markets and Products
- Portfolio analysis/reporting
- Statistical analysis and modeling
- Physical logistics (scheduling, operations, settlements)
- Measurement, modeling, and reporting of Credit, Market, or Middle Office Risk
- Accounting and controls processes and systems
- Systems implementation or support in the commodities industry
- Functional experience with a leading ETRM/CTRM platform preferred OpenLink RightAngle or Allegro
- Consulting experience with a top tier consulting firm strongly preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to analyze and translate large datasets
- Ability to diagnose, explain, and resolve complex business, process and technology problems
- Ability to facilitate meetings, lead presentations, and communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively
- Ability to manage up and interact effectively with client executives, vendors and third party providers
- A passion for solving complex problems where global commodities businesses and technology intersect
- Fluency with Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Modeling experience and/or Microsoft Visio expertise strongly preferred.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.