Functional Specialist Strategic Advisor KAPS SOLUTIONS
KAPS Solutions – Springfield, VA
Functional Specialist Advisor (Strategic Advisor) , NCE
This position requires that candidates have BOTH active TS/SCI. H
EDUCATION: MASTER S DEGREE IS REQUIRED
(U) Duties include:
- Provide strategic integration and alignment of technical, business process, and training requirements, improvement of enterprise processes, and continuous support to overcome technical and cultural barriers of GEOINT Services adoption.
- Advisory and consulting support to GEOINT Services Office in strategic business planning, business development activities, product concept development and Information Technology engineering.
- Support the continued development and successful transition to operations of key GEOINT Services capabilities and transformational technology approaches.
- Expert level specialized acquisition and program management expertise supporting the implementation of direction from ODNI, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence (USDI), the Director of NGA, and the management structure of Chief Information Office Technology (CIO-T).
- Provides strategic leadership working with DoD, Combatant Commands, Intelligence Community, and Homeland Security Agencies structures, processes and procedures to meet operational needs.
- Assess IC, DoD and NGA business processes and recommended changes to advance successful implementation of the GEOINT Services initiative.
- Research, track, and understand new geospatial technologies to provide inter-agency technical leadership in developing service applications and analyzing business requirements.
- Implement study or report recommendations; e.g. NGA Office of Inspector General GEOINT Services inspection report and GEOINT Services Visualization Study.
- Interface with all organizational areas, end users/customers and with both foreign and domestic agencies to mitigate risks, and schedules in support of GEOINT Services Office mission.
- Work with the user community at an expert level across the NSG in support of design and fielding GEOINT Services. Examples include Automation, Augmentation and Artificial Intelligence (AAA), and DIA Mars project.
- Work requests and requirements with a diverse set of contractors and customer personnel.
(U) Required Skills and Experience:
- Shall have a Graduate degree in Systems Engineering, GEOINT-related Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Math, or related technical field.
- Shall have a minimum of 20 years of demonstrated relevant experience
- Shall demonstrate experience in increasing levels of leadership roles.
- Shall demonstrate experience working in a team environment on large, complex and agile acquisition programs.
- Shall demonstrate experience inleading national intelligence operations and needs of the DoD, Intelligence Community, and Homeland Security environments as they relate to geospatial-intelligence.
- Shall demonstrate experience in leadership of multiple Geospatial programs and capabilities; provide the coordination across programs throughout the NGA; and manage programs and capabilities that are influenced by GEOINT issues.
- Shall demonstrate experience managing both programmatic and technical aspects of complex programs by utilizing technology originating from industry, academia or research and development.
- Shall demonstrate experience providing senior-level advice and representation on all GEOINT issues.
- Shall demonstrate knowledge of key non-traditional and unconventional future systems and concepts that can address the needs of national defense, homeland security, civil customers and senior policy makers.
(U) Desired Skills and Experience:
- Shall possess at least one AWS Cloud Certifications (Examples include AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate; AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional).
- Shall demonstrate knowledge of technology, processes, principles, and on-boarding of micro-processes into modern Cloud architectures (AWS, C2S, and GovCloud).
- Shall demonstrate experience in translating business requirements into cloud solutions.
- Shall demonstrate knowledge of Systems Engineering and Acquisition processes.
- Shall demonstrate knowledge of National Security and USD(I) strategy documents.
- Shall demonstrate knowledge of GEOINT Services platform and capabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- AWS Cloud Certifications (Examples include AWS Certified: 10 years (Preferred)
- Sales: 10 years (Preferred)
- Systems Engineering, GEOINT-related Engineering, Information: 10 years (Required)
- translating business requirements into cloud solution: 10 years (Preferred)
- Systems Engineering and Acquisition: 1 year (Preferred)
- Both ACTIVE TS/SCI (Required)