Garbage Truck Helper
Tully Environmental, Inc. – Corona, NY
Helper / Laborer
Job Description Summary of Functions:
To assist in the collection of garbage by loading the waste into a rear-load truck.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Load trash into the hopper of a rear-load truck.
- Lift heavy bags of trash from ground level to a hopper (approx. 3 ft. above ground level).
- Assists in loading waste from rear-load containers into rear-load truck.
- Operate the hopper and winch to dump containers.
- Assists the driver in keeping truck clean.
- Guides driver into position or moves container into position.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- Must be willing to work 6 days per week, nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must know and use proper lifting techniques to avoid injury.
- Able to recognize unacceptable waste (such as gasoline and other flammable, hazardous materials) and report it to the driver.
- Able to follow safe operating processes.
- A CDL license is a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds repeatedly during a shift.
- Walking, jogging, bending, climbing, twisting, lifting, carrying heavy garbage bags from curbside to the rear hopper of the truck.
- Sufficient stamina for steady work pace through an entire shift.
- Works outdoors in all weather conditions.
- This is a union position.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance