Valiant Integrated Services is seeking a DTDS Worker (Dual Temperature Distribution System) with recent leadership or past working experience with facilities maintenance and operations supporting military installation to support our operations and maintenance requirements at Fort Gordon, Georgia and the surrounding area.
- The purpose of a General Maintenance Worker (DTDS) is under limited supervision, performs preventive and corrective maintenance and repair of the dual temperature distribution system. Maintenance and repair of the dual temperature distribution system is performed through scheduled (preventive maintenance) and unscheduled services. The work requires skill knowledge of more than one specific trade.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the dual temperature distribution system
- Performs routine preventive maintenance (PM) on dual temperature distribution system and associated equipment per established PM plan and schedules.
- Identifies leaking valves and expansion joints and performs necessary repairs
- Works from blueprints to locate isolation points in the dual temperature system.
- Measures, cuts and prepares pipe and pipe fittings for welding on the dual temperature distribution system.
- Maintains, replaced and services sump pumps, gate valves, ball valves and associated piping.
- Build simple concrete forms and pour concrete.
- Operates crane to the proper removal of concrete trench system lids.
- Responsible for directing the assigned helper in the duties required to support the maintenance and repair of the dual temp system.
- Observe and follow all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
- Safety: Valiant Integrated Services enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality: Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Valiant integrated Services Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Valiant Integrated Services Quality System documents and customer contracts. Employees must read and understand their Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- To perform successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to drive/walk/travel to various locations within the facility and satellite locations
- Must be able to work at a computer station for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to read write and communicate fluently in English
- Prior military service desired but not required.
DIRECT REPORTS: No
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.