Posted Date: Jun 17, 2019
Position Title: MGR, GENERAL
Pay GRADE 16
Reports To: REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcares Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsyvlania since 2013 and Becker s Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall direction of the operations of a large industrial laundry facility.
- Direction of the management of the areas of receiving, processing and delivery of healthcare or hospitality linens to include company or customer owned goods.
- Managing, developing and training of the staff to ensure processing of a quality product.
- Fiscal management of costs and expenses in the operation of a production facility. The ability to forecast expenses and budget and maintain the operations cost centers.
- Responsibility of the company assets to include engineering oversight and preventative maintenance programs. Coordinating cost effective and efficient operations of the plant while ensuring a safe work environment for associates, management, vendors and visitors.
- Responsibility for coordinating and directing appropriate human resources requirements to include training, regulatory compliance, staffing, payroll & benefit administration for the staff.
- Duties include overall customer relations for the facility.
- Production of accurate internal and external billing for services provided, maintaining proper accounting methods and account receivable/collections activities with the client.
- Produce accurate weekly reporting for: Weekly Operating Report, Key Performance Indicators report, payroll and HR functions oversight.
- Ability to read and interpret a P&L statement to include budget responsibilities.
- Chairperson for plant safety committee and overseeing the regulatory compliance for all required agencies. Knowledgeable of OSHA, JACHAO and state & local requirements.
- Supporter and liaison with customers for all Joint Commission, Linen Review and additional operating committee needs within the faculty and hospital group. Duties may include ability to chair a committee as necessary.
- The ability to attend, participate & document laundry surveys for potential Crothall clients.
- Development of annual budget and coordination of needs throughout the budget approval process with Regional Manager an/or Regional Vice President and Finance Department.
- The ability to develop and assist in growing new business within the facility.
- Ability to forecast business costings, improve profitability as necessary and development of projects and investments for return on investment of new business opportunities.
- Manage capital expenditure projects and manage/coordinate installation and operation of new equipment through engineering department and vendors.
- Development of action plans as needed and formulate plans for the management team,
- Development of succession planning for his/her position to include management development in order to successfully facilitate a corporate culture of growth and improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- The ability to multi-task and establish priorities and meet deadlines
- The ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, leadership and accountability
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
- The ability to integrate a working environment with customer and administrative needs to meet established goals & objectives
- BS/BA in Management or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years operations/ management experience laundry experience preferred
- Spanish language skills a plus.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 287653