Duffield Associates is looking for a Geotechnical Engineer with 0-3 years of experience.
Duffield Associates, Inc. is an award-winning engineering and science consulting firm specializing in civil, environmental, and geotechnical engineering, construction consulting and testing services. Established in 1976, Duffield has grown to include a professional and technical staff of over 100 individuals. The firm s headquarters is located in a historic barn and farmhouse in Pike Creek Valley outside of Wilmington, Delaware. We have regional offices in Georgetown and Dover, Delaware, Center City Philadelphia and Carlisle, Pennsylvania, West Deptford, New Jersey, and Bel Air, Maryland.
Duffield Associates is proud to offer a wide variety of benefits to our eligible employees. Each eligible employee receives a Benefit Contribution (enough to, potentially, cover 100% of a single employee s medical coverage) to spend as he/she pleases on plans such as:
- 5 choices of medical plans
- Several choices of dental and vision insurance
- Ancillary benefits such as: Life Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, Teledoc, Pet insurance, Legal assistance.
- Company provided Short-term and Long-term Disability
- 401k and Roth 401k with company match of 50% of employee contribution up to 6%.
- 8 paid holidays
- Minimum of 80 hours of vacation plus 40 hours of sick time.
- Recreation room with beverages on tap, espresso/cappuccino machine, pool table, and video games.
- On-site gym.
- Outreach activities such as blood drives, adopt-a-highway, American Heart Associations Awareness activities, etc.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide geotechnical engineering and construction review support to professionals in a team environment
- Site investigation, documentation, analysis, and reporting of field and laboratory data;
- Proposal preparation, engineering analysis and report preparation;
- Construction materials testing, construction review, and interpretation of construction specifications;
- Field investigation and soil laboratory testing, including test borings, test pits, monitoring wells, cone penetrometer testing, and geotechnical instrumentation;
- Field review and analysis for shallow and deep foundations;
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Entry level to 3 years of geotechnical engineering and construction review experience;
- Bachelor s degree in civil/geotechnical engineering; preference given to candidates with a graduate degree;
- Preference given to candidates with NCEES Engineer-In-Training ;
- Enthusiasm for engineering, construction, and working in a team environment;
- Diverse experience with a focus on problem solving and difficult field applications;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Willingness to travel to projects within southeastern Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Maryland and Delaware
Qualified candidates please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.