Job ID : 14975
Job Title : GIS Analyst
Location : Pacific, WA
Company Name : MasTec
Industry : Construction/Skilled Trade
Salary : $47,000 - $108,340 per year
Job Type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-07-23
Required Skills : AutoCAD, ArcGIS Online, Microsoft Office Suite, ArcView
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,Life Insurance
The GIS Analyst performs a variety of professional duties in support of company and customer geographic information systems (GIS) databases and GIS capabilities; generates custom and standard maps, spatial analyses and other GIS products to meet customer requirements; utilizes GIS tools and utilities to convert data to GIS formats and performs data quality checking and correction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formats and generates a variety of GIS products including standard and custom maps and map series, standard map templates, shapefiles, graphics, tables, and reports; perform data searches and retrievals.
- Extracts and organizes data and performs quality control operations to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data; researches source documents and/or coordinates with others to resolve missing or conflicting data and other anomalies.
- Establishes map area and develops symbology, including thematic and category symbols; uses cartographic and design principles to include legends, insets, and reference information.
- Overlays maps over aerial imagery to produce custom products and verify and correct geospatial data.
- Performs standard spatial analyses such as buffering, spatial overlays and distance calculations using established methods and procedures.
- Maintains and updates geospatial databases; extracts cleans, adjusts and converts data and information from non-GIS systems into GIS formats; converts addresses into GIS formats using geocoding routines.
- Researches and corrects problems with data using spatial and logical analyses; researches and verifies legal descriptions and boundaries; uses scripts, queries, and other tools to obtain and/or correct missing or incorrect spatial and attribute data.
- Converts spatial data from one coordinate system to another, using basic geodetic principles; geo-referenced digital maps to align with real ground locations, using survey monuments, GPS, and other data as controls; processes, loads, reviews and updates data in GIS database layers; imports database updates.
- Participates in developing and implementing queries, scripts, and instructions of moderate difficulty.
- Assists in the design, development, testing, and implementation of GIS applications of routine to the moderate difficulty to meet customer needs and enterprise requirements.
- Operates GIS-specific hardware including large format plotters and scanners.
- May collect field data using GPS or other equipment as needed; may assist in training and mentoring newer GIS staff members.
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles;
- Must be well versed in GIS systems, including ArcView and ArcGIS
- Must be able to program in GIS specific languages for data modification, data gathering, and reporting;
- Familiarity with SDE databases and workflows, ArcGIS Online, Collector for ArcGIS, Survey 1-2-3 for ArcGIS, Trimble Pathfinder Office, and Trimble TerraSync;
- Experience with AutoCAD;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel along with the ability to use Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Experience with Oracle;
- Experience working with engineering and construction personnel on development and analysis of cost standards;
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Ability to meet project deadlines and understand how assigned tasks relate to project goals.
- Ability to maintain and establish effective working relationships.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
- Analytical mind with business acumen;
- Problem-solving aptitude;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent communications skills and organizational ability;
- Proven history of working in a cross-functional environment providing accurate data to team members to ensure forecasted project compliance and reporting;
- Must be self-motivated with a proactive approach to working with diverse teams
- Ability to travel occasionally with overnight stays to support field data collection with a variety of GPS units.
Benefits available include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance, a 401k plan and Employee Stock Purchase plan