Global Markets, Equity Research - Research Associate # 133439 United States-NY-New York | Full-time (FT) | Global Markets | Job ID
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
We Offer We are looking for a Research Associate/Associate Analyst to join the Business Services Sector in our New York office. Highly motivated, diligent, detail-oriented, team players are encouraged to apply.
At Credit Suisse, RAs play an integral role in the innovation, production and distribution of original research as a member of a Senior Analyst s research franchise. You will gain excellent exposure to the Business Services industry as well as to all of Credit Suisse s premiere business franchises. Through your interactions with senior management of the companies under coverage, key opinion leaders, buy-side clients and your counterparts in sales, trading and fixed income, you will gain extensive industry and company knowledge. Our Research Department is one of the top rated on Wall Street and our Analyst program offers you the developmental resources to succeed.
- You will analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of the senior analyst.
- You will monitor and maintain financial models and industry databases ensuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports.
- You will review business/trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources to gather/synthesize/interpret data on companies followed by the senior analyst.
- You will attend industry conferences.
- You will prepare and format reports; organize data.
- You will provide analytical support by maintaining and updating financial and valuation models on companies.
- You will assist in writing research notes and reports based on senior analyst s investment theses.
- You have a Bachelors degree with strong academic background required (preferably finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering or a quantitative background).
- MBAs and/or 2-3 years experience of equity research or investment banking strongly preferred; Business Services sector experience a plus.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills.
- You have a demonstrated understanding of business modeling and accounting principles.
- Confirmed ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent PC skills; advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint a requirement.
- Series 7, 63, 86, and 87 required - successful completion will be required shortly after employment begins
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.