The NBCUniversal Global Response and Intelligence Center (GRIC), located at NBCUniversal headquarters at 30 Rockefeller Center, New York, NY, is a 24x7 incident response center, managing and coordinating crisis response on behalf of NBCUniversal assets worldwide. The GRIC Operations Officer will assume primary responsibility for monitoring, evaluating and communicating internal and external crisis events with potential impact to NBCUniversal executives, staff, talent, business, reputation, and/or facilities. As a member of the Global Security Operations team, the Operations Officer will report directly to the GRIC Director. S/he will monitor and evaluate incidents globally and using incident escalation protocols ensure relevant incidents that could impact business, personnel or brand are communicated to appropriate NBCU personnel in an effective and timely manner.
During an incident, the Operations Officer will collaborate with NBCU Global Security team members, as well as with NBCUniversal stakeholders to collect detailed and accurate information and provide timely and accurate information to the appropriate NBCU stakeholders in order to effectively respond to and mitigate incidents. Incidents may include a wide range of issues, including natural disaster, extreme weather, demonstrations, terrorism, crime, and imminent threat to locations and employees.
S/he will also collate and update NBCU personnel of risk relevant data during an incident and to support decision-making by the GRIC Director and the senior Global Security Management Team in a crisis.
The Operations Officer will be expected to work on a shift schedule (including weekends, holidays and non-business hours) in a command center environment.
- Assume primary responsibility for monitoring and assessing potential impact of local and global events/incidents via open source collection efforts.
- Provide accurate, succinct and timely communications on issues that could impact NBCUniversal global operations, in time sensitive situations under stress.
- Ensure events that could potentially impact NBCUniversal are escalated to the GRIC Director and relevant stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Assist in analyzing the impact of events or threats to NBCUniversal and its talent through collaboration with other business units, such as News, Productions and Sports.
- Ability to analyze a developing crisis situation and provide accurate intelligence to support crisis management teams.
- Knowledge of Crisis Management tools, such as MIR3 mass notification, Travel Locator Portal, GPS Tracking systems, mapping tools, NC4, Dataminr, and other crisis alerting and intelligence tools.
- Support NBCUniversal personnel during High Risk travel and events via internal policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of social media research and analysis to support internal threat investigations.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in a relevant course of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of experience with one year of satisfactory full-time professional experience in a command center or intelligence fusion center environment in one or a combination of the following: federal government such as Department of Homeland Security, emergency management, fire or police services, public safety, public health, public administration, urban planning, engineering, military service or another specialized area related to public or private command center operations.
- Natural curiosity about world events; knowledgeable of world and local events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to operate under stress, multi-task in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under ambiguous circumstances.
- Self-motivated and equally comfortable working independently or collaboratively on a project, often under compressed timelines.
- Knowledgeable of and comfortable with Twitter, Facebook and other forms of social media tools for research against threats.
- Highly responsive and proactive, able to own tasks from start to finish.
- Issue effective and timely communications.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, weekend and holidays and sometimes extended schedule during crisis periods. Must remain on duty until properly relieved.
- Proficiency with standard office computer and web applications (Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Global Security Operations
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. Its our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCUs vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. Its what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversals policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.