Appirio, a Wipro Company, helps customers create next-generation Worker and Customer Experiences using the latest cloud technologies. Our free-thinking consultants deliver unmatched customer value by creating actionable strategies, delivering results quickly, and helping organizations adapt to a new experience-driven era. We do this by harnessing the power of one of the worlds largest crowdsourcing communities and thousands of pre-built solution accelerators. Appirio is a trusted partner to some of the worlds largest brands, including YP, Cardinal Health, Coca-Cola, eBay, Facebook, Home Depot, Sony PlayStation, Moen, and IBM.
The Cloud Management Engineer is a technical consultant who can lead customers and technical teams in developing cloud native applications on the Google Cloud Platform
- Working as a technical developer alongside customer business and development teams
- Architecting and/or working with teams building scalable, cloud native applications on the GCP platform
- Keeping up to date with the latest relevant technology trends
- Actively participate in technical sessions during Deployment Planning Workshops
- Adhere to proper technical specifications
- Provide estimates and regular updates on progress
- Technical lead for offshore developer resources
- Manage and maintain code repositories
- Follow deployment protocols
- Advising and implementing GCP best practices
- Good exposure to Agile software development
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- Has experience with both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with containers and/or Google App Engine is a plus
- Must have a proven track record of at least 3+ years experience in a similar role or as a software developer (preferably at a Google Partner), or must have been in a role that is centered around cloud application development.
- Graduates or Postgraduate students with relevant skills may be considered .
- (Optional) valid Google Professional Cloud Architect certificate (or ability to obtain this within the probation period of two months).
- Familiarity with authentication methods including single sign-on with SAML
- Extensive experience with scripting and command line interfaces
Appirio is an Equal Opportunities Employer
- Ability to translate customer requirements written as user stories into implementation plans
- Technical acumen to convert plans into real solutions that work
- Speaks and writes excellent in English primarily, besides the local language of the place of work
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, results and customer focused candidate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with an ability to build effective relationships with the internal Appirio team;
- Proven ability to work in a busy, dynamic environment;
- The candidate must be a fast learner and have drive and self motivation;
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments;
- Detail oriented with proven analytical skills
- Driven by customer success with a team player attitude
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the successful candidate will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of this role.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.