Overview Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact [email protected]
Responsibilities The Quality Management Group Leader will lead a multi-disciplinary group that is transforming Drapers Integrated Quality Management System (IQMS) to incorporate new model-based engineering approaches and new commercial business areas. The Group Leader is the first-level of engineering management and requires the ability to apply sound engineering and management principles for technical hands-on leadership of a group of approximately 30 technical staff with expertise in quality systems and engineering development.
Specific responsibilities include working with the System Modeling and Assurance Division Leader to: support the career development, growth, and project assignments of the Groups engineering staff; provide direction and oversight of IQMS activities; champion the IQMS and facilitate adoption throughout the organization.
In addition to the Group Leader responsibilities the candidate will also be a direct contributor to projects and business development activities. Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering, Physics, or Science in a technically relevant field
- Seven or more years of industry experience in both direct hands-on work in quality systems including ISO9001
- Effective leadership in both formal and informal roles.
- The successful candidate must be a self-starter, capable of achieving organization and program objectives.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated skills in change management, leadership, innovation, creativity and collaboration are a must.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in the development and application of quality practices in support of engineering development
- The ability to communicate technical concepts effectively with customers, engineers, managers, and other stakeholders of all relevant disciplines is a must.
- Flexibility to multi-task and adapt to evolving priorities will be required
- Candidates selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance.