Job Id : 14164
Jobtitle : Hadoop Developer
Location : Dearborn, MI
Company Name : Youngsoft
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $71,000 - $81,000 PER YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2020-06-11
Required Skills : Hadoop, Java, Spring, SCALA, SQL, Linux
Benefits : No benefits are available
The Hadoop Developer position will provide expertise in a wide range of technical areas, including but not limited to: Cloudera Hadoop ecosystem, Java, collaboration toolsets integration using SSO, configuration management, hardware and software configuration and tuning, software design and development, and application of new technologies and languages that are aligned with other internal projects.
Essential Job Functions:
- Design and development of data ingestion pipelines.
- Perform data migration and conversion activities.
- Develop and integrate software applications using suitable development methodologies and standards, applying standard architectural patterns, taking into account critical performance characteristics and security measures.
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Architects and Senior Developers to establish the physical application framework (e.g. libraries, modules, execution environments).
- Perform end to end automation of ETL process for various datasets that are being ingested into the big data platform.
- Web Applications, Tomcat (or any equivalent App server) , RESTful Services, JSON
- Spring, Spring Boot, Struts, Design Patterns
- Hadoop (Cloudera (CDH)) , HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark, Oozie, HBase
- Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
- Python, Perl
- Flume, Solr
- Strong Database Design Skills
- ETL Tools
- NoSQL databases (Mongo, Couchbase, Cassandra)
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Agile development
- Document and maintain project artifacts.
- Suggest best practices, and implementation strategies using Hadoop, Java, ETL tools.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of industry standards, methodologies, processes, and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related IT discipline
- Must have at least 5 years of IT development experience.
- Must have strong, hands-on J2EE development
- Must have indepth knowledge of SCALA – Spark programming
- Must have experience with ETL tools
- Must have experience integrating web services
- Knowledge of standard software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be willing to flex work hours accordingly to support application launches and manage production outages if necessary Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask with numerous projects and responsibilities
- Experience working with JIRA and WIKI
- Must have experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able and willing to participate as individual contributor as needed.
- Must have ability to work the time necessary to complete projects and/or meet deadlines.