Date: Jun 17, 2019
Head of Americas Materials Management is responsible for leading and directing the strategic efforts of the Americas Materials Management team based throughout North and South America; coordinating these efforts with global stake holders internally and externally to meet and exceed Ericssons wanted market position presently while driving strategic change management to ensure Ericsson success in years to come.
About Americas Materials Management: The Americas Materials Management Team is the primary interface with all 3PP Suppliers across the Americas region, which encompasses North and South America. The Americas Materials Management organization is responsible for developing and managing strategic relationships with key decision makers within Supplier organizations in collaboration with internal Ericsson stake holders to leverage Ericssons wanted position in the marketplace.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Establish a strong network across various Ericsson organizations globally such as Supply, Sourcing and key stake holders in MANA/MELA and global organizations
- Drive change management strategies and direct the efforts through multiple organizations to execute initatives that deliver an Ericsson wanted position in the marketplace
- Engage in executive level escalations internally and externally outside of Ericsson in high-stress, geo-politically complicated situations with deadline pressures for resolution
- Gain and secure buy-in of external material suppliers Executive Leadership team of Ericsson business independent of spend and based on supplier trust and confidence in Ericssons partnership
- Analyze, understand, and adjust to market trends via established KPIs while leading the development for new KPIs that help visualize and tell the story of performance trends
- Responsible for driving key global strategies as a key member of the core teams for Ericssons Global Inbound Strategy around Site Materials, Supplier Governance and Category Management
- Compile, present, and elucidate key points of data regarding supplier performance as it relates to Ericsson strategy to key C-Level executives both internally and externally at an executive level.
- Deliver partner value as the voice of Supplier partners within Americas Supply and providing insights on how new trends will affect these partners.
- Lead the Materials Management organization to exceed organizational targets around inbound material lead time reductions, localization, tariff mitigation efforts, and material forecast transparency to external material suppliers.
- Excellent leadership skills leading diverse teams both local and remote to exceed their professional and personal goals while helping them connect their day to day work to Ericssons organizational goals.
- Executive level relationships with key external material suppliers to Ericsson an advantage
- Proven experience in change management and directing diverse teams comprised of both internal and external stake holders to drive lasting, value driven change within and in support of Ericsson
- Proven experience of creating a high performance culture of accountability and self-starters
- Executive level presentation skills with the ability to confidently convey Ericssons wanted position internally inside and outside Ericsson to key C-level executives of external material suppliers.
- Ability to think outside the box
- Direct Materials Management team efforts to deliver resolution-based solutions to complex problems in high-pressure within time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong understanding of Tableau data visualizations with the ability help lead the team to see and understand the story being told in the data and the solutions needed
- Curious, courageous, service minded and have willingness to solve problems together with others
- University degree in supply chain management, project management, business administration, or related field of study. Masters degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Extensive Americas and global travel required (20-40%)
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: United States (US) || || Plano || Supply&Log
Job details: Line Manager Supply Job Stage 08