- Bachelors Degree
- 8+ years of relevant work experience including experience in research, content development, and brand marketing
Head of Content Marketing, Amazon Web Services
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform is used by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. AWS is at the forefront of cloud computing, which is one of the most impactful technology developments in the last 15 years.
The AWS marketing team is seeking an experienced content marketer who can lead our talented team of organic search and social specialists. This highly visible role will partner with product marketing, field, brand, and digital marketing teams to help define and execute a content strategy that drives acquisition and engagement across the customer journey.
This role requires a proven leader with expertise in defining a vision, strategy, and roadmap for organic marketing to drive customer acquisition and engagement. A successful candidate should have superb leadership, analytical, technical, business acumen, and communication skills to be able to work with a wide range of team members from individual contributors to senior executives.
- Collaborate with global marketing teams to identify, create and deliver compelling content across owned and earned channels that is data-driven and adds value for AWS customers
- Lead global initiatives to organize and structure our marketing content in across multiple languages to identify strengths and gaps
- Test, revise, and optimize content to help determine the most successful formulas
- Lead the team in delivering SEO and social media initiatives that drive user engagement and help them move further down the funnel
- Develop programs and monitor trends, issues, and topics that matter to AWS around the world
- Work with product and engineering teams to optimize AWS website performance to maximize SEO exposure
- Stay up to date on best practices in organic content marketing, including SEO, social media, and other channels
- Work with and inspire a global, in-house team of industry experts, evangelists, marketers, writers, and designers
- Work with the analytics team to monitor and optimize performance
- Influence decision-making across a matrixed organization
- Clearly communicate strategy, findings and recommendations to the AWS marketing leadership team
- Storyteller with strong visual and written communication skills and the ability to present complex information simply with a relatable, human touch.
- Demonstrated experience in setting and driving on-brand content strategies and working cross functionally to a delivery final product
- Familiar with SEO strategy and fluent in content categorization and structure, distribution and measurement
- Familiar with front-end languages (HTML, CSS) and the ability to work with technical teams to prioritize and execute initiatives that drive on-site performance for user engagement
- A critical thinker with exceptional analytical skills and a proven ability to turn high-level business requirements into programs that drive user engagement
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop high performing teams in a fast-paced environment
- Excel at cross-group collaboration and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs and priorities
- Innate ability to understand when to apply highly-advanced versus practical solutions
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to listen to, learn from, and teach content marketing across the organization
- A passion for wanting to help make AWS the most impactful development in technology for years to come
- Meets/exceeds Amazons leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazons functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age