The Health Benefits Data Analyst in the National Health Technology Services (HTS) team will be involved in the creation and support of analytical tools and services as well as selected project and client activities. The Health Benefits Data Analyst will be a key contributor servicing our health consulting data management services for large public sector and multiemployer clients by expanding and supporting our data warehouse capabilities for a central client system. This position reports into the Senior Vice President & Director Health Technology Services.
The Health Benefits Data Analyst will assist with a variety of issues related to the health care delivery system along with the design and management of health plans. Key responsibilities include:
- Performing detailed cost and utilization analysis
- Creation and evolution of internal health plan data warehouse and support in the development of the data warehouse
- Research and development regarding health cost and utilization norms, trends and clinical studies
- Support National research and development efforts to advance health practice-related tools and applications that advance consulting deliverables and services
- Coordination of projects and business requirements with technical programming staff for related projects
- Technical assistance to select internal client projects including discount analysis, wellness and disease management programs, RFPs and plan design analysis
- Strong analytical and mathematical capabilities
- Demonstrated database expertise and experience working with large databases.
- Experience with SQL, SAS or programming experience is preferred and knowledge/experience with Power BI or a similar report writer (desired)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and identify problems and develop solutions in routine and complex situations
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, particularly with pivot tables and formulas
- Individual must be a self-starter with excellent problem solving skills and experience handling multiple projects and assignments in a fast-paced environment
Previous Experience and Knowledge Preferred:
- Experience with the Health Benefits Industry benefits, managed care networks, provider reimbursement systems and/or medical claims systems/coding
- Familiarity with accreditation standards, as well as standards related to the management of health information
- Experience with health benefits and a focus on actuarial, underwriting, or financial analysis
Education Level Required: Bachelors degree in a related discipline
Diversity Inclusion at Segal: At Segal, we are committed to a culture of diversity and inclusiveness, as demonstrated through our recruitment, retention and employee development programs. We maintain an environment that respects and builds on the assets and talents of each person, valuing their differences. We also engage in good faith efforts to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment in strict compliance with applicable laws, and consider all qualified candidates for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or medical condition, protected veteran or military status, criminal record history, marital status, or status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We also engage in affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals and protected veterans. Maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce is a win/win, and provides Segal with the opportunity to leverage our top talent to provide innovative solutions to our clients.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York Job: Consulting Organization: National Office Schedule: Regular Regular Employee Employee Status: Entry Level Job Type: Full-time Travel: No Job Posting: Jun 14, 2019, 11:25:38 AM