Health Care Assistant - Livonia -Full Time
Planned Parenthood of Michigan – Livonia, MI
Assist in providing quality healthcare and basic education to PPMIs patients by handling the reception area, telephones, cashiering, back office, and lab services for the clinic. Essential Functions:
- Greet patients and visitors in a positive friendly manner and demonstrate exceptional customer service and professionalism at all times.
- Obtaining and evaluating diagnostic testing such as: finger poke, basic vital signs, urine pregnancy testing, and blood drawing
- Provide basic patient education general information regarding PP services Birth Control Methods (BCM), Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), Abortion Services (AB) and other PPMSM services
- Maintain patient records, checking for completeness, errors, & signatures and enter in Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Triage clinic phone calls, gather patient information, assess patients immediate needs and refer calls appropriately to clinicians or as necessary
- Facilitate appointment scheduling and distribution of required forms to patient.
- Participates actively and strives towards achieving productivity goals.
- Refer patients to other providers for services that are out of PPMIs scope.
- Conduct patient interviews to include vital signs blood pressure, height, weight, hemoglobin, pulse, LMP, and patient needs assessment.
- Assist clinician or Physician during exam or procedures.
- Perform basic lab duties to include pregnancy testing, urinalyses, hemoglobin, and preparing lab specimens for transport to respective laboratories.
- Set up, stock, and clean exam rooms, counseling rooms and lab area.
- Assess client finances, which may include requests for verifying insurance, health plan authorization, collect fees per PPMI guidelines, and complete appropriate forms. Remain current on billing procedures and policies.
- Promote patient donations.
- Understand appropriate medical record documentation and CPT and ICD-10 coding as part of the clinical revenue cycle.
- Adhere to strict cash controls following policies and procedures of PPMI.
- Attend and participate in routine health center meetings, chart audits and quality control procedures, and in-service trainings.
- Willingness and ability to travel to other clinic locations depending on needs of the business
- Other duties as assigned by Health Center Manager.
- Promote PPMIs outreach projects and involve patients when possible
- Display initiative in maintaining an attractive and impeccably clean clinic environment, waiting room, lab, exam rooms, and reception area.
- Maintain lab equipment, instrument calibration, and lab logs
- High school diploma or GED required. Must possess excellent customer service, communication and organizational skills. Preferably one year of office experience in customer service with knowledge of medical terminology and procedures.
Planned Parenthood of Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workplace.