Health Physics Technician
Perform various function(s) in the Lab to support Radioactive License demands.
- Ongoing usage of various monitoring devices to monitor radiation/contamination, to include hand held devices and an alpha/beta counting system to assess Plant for radioactive counts.
- Monitoring air and water treatment systems.
- Using smears to monitor for radioactive contamination.
- Perform various testing procedures of samples to analyze the type and level ofradiation of each container.
- Repair/calibrate automated laundry monitors as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Computer proficient: Microsoft word, Microsoft excel
- Work hours will vary with work demands.
- Employee must have recYeaheived at least a Meets Requirements classification in his/her most recent performance evaluation.
- Not presently (within the last 6 months) involved in the Progressive Discipline Procedure.
- Two year Associate Degree or commensurate experience.
UniFirst offers a Fleet of Benefits, 50+ to be exact!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Referral Program
Where will a UniFirst Career take you?
As an industry leader in the rental, lease and sale of uniforms and facility services products, UniFirst Corporation has grown to become one of the largest companies in the garment services industry.
UniFirst is recognized on the Forbes Platinum 400 - Best Big Companies List. With over 14,000 employee Team Partners and more than 250 facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Europe, you are never just a number when you work for UniFirst. What sets us apart from all other companies is that we still function as a family run business. When you work for UniFirst, youre family!
UniFirst Corporation has a strong history of promoting from within. In fact, most of UniFirst s Senior Managers have come from within the Company. Opportunities are endless for those individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to quality, and above all else, a passion for delivering quality customer service, both internally and externally.
Our culture is what makes UniFirst an organization that stands out from the rest. Are you interested in loving your job? Find out just how far a career with UniFirst can take you.
UniFirst is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws