Essential Job Functions
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for assisting in planning, developing, and implementing the agency marketing programs, which includes community education, non-remunerative solicitation of patients and/or patronage, and advertising.
- Plans, develops, and implements marketing plan, upon approval of the Director of Business Development.
- Plans and conducts community awareness activities which inform physicians, health care workers, and patients (current and prospective) of agency programs and capabilities.
- Conducts non-remunerative efforts to obtain new referrals from physicians, and hospital discharge planners.
- Prepares community relation activity reports as directed by the Director of Business Development.
- Performs pre-discharge hospital assessments, coordinates required treatment plan of care.
- Designs agency information and marketing literature and tools for use in the marketing program.
- Coordinates media exposure of the agency to include public service announcements, and advertisements. Assists in the promotion of disease management programs.
- Attends community business functions to gain exposure for the agency.
- Sets and meets job related goals.
- Identifies self-learning needs and utilizes educational programs to assist in learning.
- Contributes to and participates in team and individual efforts to improve the quality of service.
- Assists with health plan contracting activities.
- Speaks effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Complies with National Nursing & Rehab policies on attendance/punctuality.
Demonstrates service excellence through the following:
- Shows courtesy, compassion, and respect
- Communicates with all customers appropriately
- Contributes to teamwork and harmonious working relationships
- Supports and demonstrates continuous improvement of quality and service
- Shares ideas and suggestions
- Participates in projects
- Reports problems/unusual events appropriately
- Participates in problem solving
- Demonstrates behavior that promotes professionalism and self development
- Participate sin educational programs and seminars
- Promotes professional environment, including emphasis on cleanliness and safety
- Displays professional appearance
- Promotes cost consciousness
Visual/bearing ability sufficient to comprehend written and verbal communication. Must be able to work a minimum of eight (8) hours per day while standing, sitting, and using office equipment. Must be able to drive to and from marketing activities.
Demonstrates initiative and skills in planning and organizing work
- Demonstrates a desire to set and meet objectives and to find increasingly efficient ways to perform tasks.
- Completes work, care and documentation with accuracy and within agency time frames.
- Requires minimal supervision and is self-directed
Demonstrates organizational awareness and commitment
- Understands and appropriately applies the chain of command in relation to job position and.supervision.
- Knows and understands the agency mission in relation to own job position.
- Observes confidentiality policy at all times.
- Protects and honors customer and coworker confidentiality.
- Respects customers and coworkers right to privacy.
- Observes attendance and attire polices
- Meets attendance and punctuality expectations.
- Demonstrates cooperation with requests to meet agency needs.
- Consistently adheres to agency dress code.
Complies with all other related policies, procedures and requests
- Recommends and/or supports changes to policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures applicable to own job position.
- Adheres to policies and procedures. Honors requests of management for interim rules.
Conserves agency resources
- Maintains agency property, supplies and equipment m a manner that demonstrates ownership and accountability.
- Maintains the work area to reduce the likelihood for safety hazards and to enhance its general appearance.
Demonstrates interpersonal understanding and utilizes effective communication skills
- Considers effects of words and actions on others.
- Utilizes listening skills that indicate understanding and promote accurate interpretation of others concerns, motivations and feelings.
- Recognizes the influence of believes and cultures on behaviors and accepts strengths and limitations in others.
- Works toward resolution of interpersonal conflicts as they arise.
- Recognizes when others are in need of information, assistance or direction and consistently offers and provides help.
- Attends and participates positively in meetings.
- Regularly reads and appropriately applies information to practice.
- Uses words that express respect, patience and understanding in interactions with others.
- Acknowledges other verbally and nonverbal (eye contact, expression, tone voice) promptly and courteously.
- Follows appropriate phone etiquette.
Exhibits behaviors of cooperation
- Develops cooperation and collaborative work efforts that general benefits all involved parties.
- Demonstrates the initiative to meet the needs of the agency by assisting coworkers when load permits.
Continuing education and personal/professional development responsibilities
- Maintains personal health status requirement in relation to job position
- Maintains professional licensure/certification (if applicable).
- Maintains current personnel file information and provides information to agency in timely manner.
- Sets own development challenges and volunteers to learn.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel.
- Adheres to agency infection control and safety policies, including education, reporting, and practice implementation specific to job position.
- Attends agency provided in-service programs to fulfill requirements of position and agency policies.
Exhibits adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior.
- Maintains stable performance and emotions when faced with opposition, pressure and/ or stressful conditions.
- Recognizes codependency issues in care giving roles and exercises caution in relationship to maintain objectivity.
- Develops work relationships that honor and respect others strengths and abilities.
Service Excellence 50% of yearly evaluation
- Shows courtesy, compassion and respect.
- Communicates with all individuals appropriately, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Contributes to teamwork, and harmonious working relationships.
- Supports and demonstrates continuous improvement of quality and service.
- Shares ideas and suggestions.
- Participates in projects.
- Participates in problem solving.
- Reports problems, unusual events appropriately.
- Demonstrates behavior that promotes professionalism and self-development.
1. Bachelor s Degree in marketing preferred, high school or equivalent required with business development experience.
2. At least one (1) year marketing or administrative experience in a health care setting.
3. Knowledge of home health care services and managed care plans.
4. Basic computer skills.
5. Excellent speaking and writing ability.
DEGREES OF TRAVEL
DEGREES OF DISRUPTION TO ROUTINE, OVERTIME
Disruption to routine limited.
SAFETY HAZARDS IN JOB