Hospice Contracted Physician
At Grace Hospice, our mission is for each employee to treat every patient as their own treasured loved one, providing care that affords a quality of life that outweighs quantity of days, and supports caregivers as their hearts find healing.
Our program ensures that our patients will spend the final days of their journey in comfort and with dignity. If you are caring, compassionate, and have a true desire to help others, becoming a member of the Grace Hospice team may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Some of the benefits and advantages of working with Grace Hospice Include:
- Grace Hospice is CHAP accredited and we are Members of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization.
- We invest in our employees career development and growth.
- Comprehensive orientation programs for new hires
- Leadership Academy meetings held off-site regularly for continuous development of our site leadership team members (Office Manager, CS, DCS, and Administrator).
- Grace offers advancement opportunities.
- Grace Hospice has 27 locations across the U.S. and we are growing! This growth creates additional advancement opportunities for strong performers.
- We provide an innovative healthcare environment offering a clinical ladder.
- Grace is founded firmly on five pillars of excellence: People, Service, Quality, Finance, and Growth.
- Our environment offers collaboration and provides tools and programs to enhance our team s ability to provide excellent care.
- Our point-of-care system is state of the art: HomeCare HomeBase.
- Employees have access to referring physicians and other professional resources on a daily basis.
- Inter-disciplinary Team conferences are held regularly to discuss and optimize patient care.
- Our Meaningful Memories program is in development to provide exceptional patient experiences.
The Hospice Contracted Physician is a hospice employee or is under contract with the Hospice who is a doctor of medicine or osteopathy, and is designated by the Hospice Care Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsive to the medical community to assure high quality, appropriate, and efficient utilization of hospice services
- Assist in investigations of important problems in patient care and clinical performance
- Assist the Agency in the coordination of patient care between Medical Director, clinical staff, and patients attending physicians
- Acts as the physician representative of the interdisciplinary group (IDG)
- Participates in the organization s orientation program
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Is a doctor of medicine or osteopathy
- Legally authorized to practice medicine in the state of practice
- Has mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the position