- The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, were excited about what the future holds for health care. Thats why were changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. The future of health care starts here. If youre ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Banner University Medical Center, South has a great opportunity for a Housekeeping EVS Associate. We are looking for hard working individuals who will be responsible for ensuring our facilities appearance is top notch. In this role, youll be responsible for cleaning, sanitizing, and maintaining the hospital.
Our housekeepers are a very important part of our hospital staff. If you want to be part of a great team that makes a difference in the lives of our patients, apply today for this opportunity.
Experience in either a hospital setting, or institutional environment is not required.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life. - About Banner - University Medical Center South
Banner - University Medical Center South is a comprehensive medical center that includes an Emergency department, a state-designated trauma center and a Behavioral Health Pavilion. We are an Arizona Department of Health Services-accredited Cardiac Receiving Center and a Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders-designated senior-friendly hospital. The hospital is staffed by physicians who are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson and is managed by Banner Health under an operating agreement with Pima County. Our specialty services include inpatient and outpatient behavioral health, treatment and education for diabetes, innovative geriatrics care and comprehensive orthopedics. For more information about Tucson, please visit: VisitTucson.org
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee. -
This position performs all cleaning of patient rooms and/or assigned areas. Works as a member of the environmental service team to ensure the safety, health, and high morale of patients, visitors and staff by helping to provide a clean, safe, and aesthetically pleasing environment with minimal interference to others.
- Performs a variety of assigned cleaning tasks, including dusting, mopping, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming and polishing according to departmental policy and procedures. Must plan the completion of these tasks daily.
- Empties hampers and transports of soiled linen. Empties trash containers and removes all trash. Empties all medical waste containers, including sharps.
- Inventories, restocks and replenish supplies such as toilet tissue, paper towels, hand soap, etcetera, located in all assigned areas of the facility.
- Maintains cleanliness of departmental equipment and notifies appropriate personnel as repairs become necessary. Protects equipment from damage by proper use; properly logs out and in equipment that has been used.
- May perform special projects such as: windows washing, wall washing, removing heavily soiled items or furnishings.
- Responds to questions and requests from patients, staff and visitors. Meets or exceeds goals for customer service satisfaction.
Requires the ability to work independently and as part of a team without continuous supervision. Must be able to interpret and respond to verbal and written instructions. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by phone and verbally. Must be able to read and understand material safety data sheets and instructions for mixing and use of cleaning chemicals, and able to fill out chemical identification stickers.
For incumbents assigned to the Crisis Response Center (CRC), additional requirements apply: Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must obtain fingerprint card as defined in Arizona Revised Statute (A.R.S.) 36-425.03 and state licensing rule R9-10-1011(A)(4).
Previous related experience and familiarity with environmental services equipment and cleaning techniques is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.