As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Womens Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
Were focused on a people-first culture for our systems patients and our professional family. Thats why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal developmentand we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
The Professional Staff Compensation Unit is responsible for the management and gate keeping of various Human Resources, Compensation related activities for monthly paid leadership and the professional staff of the MGPO, BWH, IHP, and PHS Residents from hire through termination (approximately 9,000 staff Annual Payroll more than $1B). The team is also responsible for supporting the Professional Staff Benefits function in a variety of ways including the CRICO Malpractice function.
Reporting to the Manager of Physician Compensation, the HR Analyst is responsible for providing support for a variety of deliverables including data validation and analysis, administering the MGPO loan program, producing monthly IPORT reports (compensation and productivity), managing the ongoing support of the postdoctoral fellow salary policy, collaborating with the Manager to continually develop/refine metrics to ensure the highest degree of integrity in the management of the Professional Staff Compensation process, data, records, and reporting.
The incumbent provides advanced support to the Professional Staff Compensation function by assuming many sensitive, analytical, and administrative functions that would otherwise be performed by the supervisor/manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide support to the Professional Staff Compensation Supervisor including oversight of weekly retro reports, verify monthly compensation uploads, support/revise processes related to the drug screening policy, assist with exit interviews of terminating clinical staff, assist with the continual development of efficiencies and process improvement(s) as policies/standards/changes dictate.
2. Develop and/or maintain databases that integrate data from Harvard Medical School, MGPO Medical Staff Office, MGMA Compensation and Productivity Benchmarks, Peoplesoft, and other ancillary systems, to ensure compliance with a variety of policies/standards/regulations and capable of evolving as needs change and new policies are implemented. A few examples are noted below:
a. Drug Screening compliance reporting to support HR Coordinators
b. Medical Staff Office (MSO)/Registrar audit to ensure that data integrity exists between Peoplesoft, MSO and Harvard Medical School
c. Validate Peoplesoft data for benefits eligibility, clinical verses non-clinical, etc.
d. Postdoctoral fellow salary compliance report(s)e. Maintain MD database that houses provider specialty, HMS ID, etc. It is critical to the success of the department that this data be accurate.
3. Identify compensation trends and outliers, perform validation processes, run IPORT reports.
4. Prepare and submit compensation and productivity data to national surveys including MGMA, SCA, Large Clinics, AAMC, etc.
5. Provide support and ad hoc analysis, as well as reporting, to department managers, senior management, internally, and others, as requested.
6. Manage and administer the loan program for the MGPO. Qualifications Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
A minimum of three years related experience, preferably in hospital or healthcare environment.
Above average proficiency in computer applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access. Knowledge of Peoplesoft is strongly desired.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility in responding to changing situations to meet current needs.
- Work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including formulas, calculations, pivot tables, charts and graphs.
- Easily adapt to new assignments, systems and tools.
- Ability to manage large databases with data from multiple sources.
- Deadline driven and able to work with little direct supervision.
- Proficient, demonstrated analytic capability.
- Ability to stay focused and proficient in a detail-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with PeopleSoft HR products desired (but not required)
- The ability to work with others at various levels throughout the organization
- Ability to contribute as a team player, sharing information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Self-starter with ability to identify problems/issues and offer workable solutions.
EEO Statement Partners HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location: MA-Boston-PHS - Nashua St (MGH) Work Locations: PHS - Nashua St (MGH) 125 Nashua Street Boston 021114 Job: HR Analysis/project Management Organization: Partners HealthCare(PHS) Schedule: Full-time Standard Hours: 40 Shift: Day Job Employee Status: Regular Recruiting Department: PHS Human Resources Job Posting: Jun 17, 2019