Human Resources Assistant- Home Care
Selfhelp – New York, NY
- Recruits, tests, grades exams, conducts interviews and hires certified candidates for paraprofessional (HHA or PCA) positions, consistent with all regulatory and Selfhelp Policy and Procedure requirements.
- Sorts, reviews and screens resumes, applications and other documents of prospective employees through referrals, walk-ins and online recruitment.
- Schedules pre-employment Criminal History Background Check fingerprinting for certified applicants.
- Where applicable, completes the State Central registry clearance forms for Homemakers and forwards them to the appropriate State agency.
- Schedules and/or informs certified candidates of their pre-employment medical date. Ensures that candidates attend and follow medical directives for completion of all pre-employment medical requirements.
- Verifies certificates and all employment and personal references for trainees and certified aide applicants.
- Conducts Social Security number verifications for trainees, certified applicants and other staff.
- Checks excluded persons lists for applicants being considered for work in Medicare/Medicaid funded programs.
- Checks the New York State Department of Healths Home Care Registry to verify certified applicants are registered.
- Maintains database for certified applicants and trainees.
- Maintains recruitment/hiring statistics for paraprofessional candidates that reflect the number of interviews conducted, dates of orientation, dismissals, withdrawals, new hires, etc.
- Ensures all new hire paperwork for paraprofessional home care staff is completed and signed, including 4, Emergency Contact, EEO, Hep-B, etc.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Home Care experience preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Data entry and computer applications experience preferred. HHA Exchange experience desired.