Reporting to the Director of Recruitment Services, this position is responsible for providing assistance to the recruiting staff throughout every aspect of the recruitment process. This may include but is not limited to: scheduling interviews, making travel arrangements, preparing job offer letters, scheduling pre-employment physicals and background checks, and preparing HR files. Administers screening and other tests, screens applications, and participates in new hire orientation programs.
Associate s degree in Human Resources or related discipline or equivalent job related experience is required.
Approximately one to two years of experience providing support to a recruitment function.
- No special certification, registration, or licensure is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains job posting and updates weekly as required by contracts.
- Oversees all aspects of the Skills Testing process.
- Generates offer letters and supporting documents (such as Sign on Bonus Agreement, Relocation Agreement, etc) to candidates.
- Coordinates background and reference checks on candidates to confirm accuracy of candidate history such as education, employment history and qualitative references.
- Schedules interviews, coordinates travel arrangements for out-of-town candidate(s), and may schedule pre-employment physicals for candidate following acceptance of job offer.
- May screen resumes/applications to identify qualified candidates for WHC open positions.
- Conducts preliminary interviews for assigned entry-level positions at the request of assigned recruiter(s). May be responsible for referring potential candidates identified to the relevant/assigned Recruiter(s).
- Prepares and assembles all pre-hire documentation, including, but not limited to the following items: application, reference check records, OIG report, offer letter & attachments, credential/license, insurance & benefit enrollment forms, to ensure that all information needed to process a candidate as an employee is ready at the start of employment.
- Conducts new hire Pre-Employment Processing (PEP) sessions, including scheduling, presenting basic WHC information to potential candidates, instructing new hires on the completion of required documents and verifying documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinates participation and all arrangements for job fairs and open houses for assigned recruiter(s). May also attend job fairs/open houses as needed, to screen potential candidates for WHC openings.
- Provides coverage to the front desk as requested; administers skills testing as needed.
- Generates Not Interested letters to candidates who are unsuccessful in the employment process and stores candidate files.
- Ensures proper stock of all documents used in the Hiring Process.
- Processes mail as needed. Enters internal transfer information into the applicant tracking system.
- Conducts employee verifications as requested
- Maintains the orientation master log, new hire employee number log and nursing log.
- Ensures pre-employment information is accurate and included in the personnel file.
- Performs other duties/special projects as assigned.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.