Human Resources Manager, Corporate
United Airlines Inc. – Chicago, IL
The aim of the business partner model is to help HR professionals integrate more thoroughly into business processes and to align their day-to-day work with business results. The HR Partner is a thought leader that aligns HR strategies with the business unit objectives by partnering with functional business teams to establish and implement HR programs/initiatives that foster organizational and people development and achieve the business teams goals. The HR Partner is skilled in building effective partnerships with all levels of employees and has a demonstrated history of executing successful programs that contribute to the business results. Key skills and abilities include coaching, influencing, facilitation, presentation, communication, process development, analysis and problem solving.
Strategic partnership and Alignment
- Formulate partnerships across the organization to deliver value added HR service to leaders and employees that help achieve the business objectives of the organization.
- Maintain a high level of business literacy about the business units core function, financial position, mid-range plans, culture and competition.
- Analyze business unit trends and metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies to improve HRs contribution to the organizations goals.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Partner with the business unit to assess and effectively address human resources needs in areas such as organizational design, performance management, compensation, and career, competency and leadership development.
- Assess and anticipate HR related needs develop and implement solutions.
- Actively support discussions and transfer of best practices from different functions in the organization.
- Act as an employee champion and change agent.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Work with leadership to identify training needs for business units.
- Participate in the evaluation and monitoring of training programs success.
- Assist in the identification of key and high potential employees and collaborate on development plans to increase their organizational impact and provide future talent.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Manage HR projects cross-functionally, as needed.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, appropriately reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Collaborate with legal department as needed/required.
- Provide HR Policy guidance and interpretation in dealing with employee relations issues.
- Bachelors degree required
- Masters degree or MBA in a Human Resources discipline preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate business partners needs and goals and apply HR solutions needed to achieve results
- Excellent business partner management and business acumen skills
- Successful influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in employee development, coaching, organizational design, recruiting, compensation, employee relations, training, and HR project management and program execution
- HR business acumen - able to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Ability to function and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build trusted relationships through all levels of the organization
- 3 + years general HR management and/or a Business Partner role required
- Consulting experience preferred
- Relevant industry experience preferred
- Travel required as needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT