IIS Hardware & Infrastructure Engineering has a need for a Department Manager on the Aurora Campus with experience in Computer Network Defense, Network Engineering, Infrastructure/Environments Engineering, Automation, Virtualization and Cloud technologies, Data Architecture/Storage. The Department Manager will support multiple programs in all facets of Hardware & Infrastructure Engineering, as well as lead an organization of 125+. This position reports directly to the IIS Hardware & Infrastructure Engineering Director.
- Managing Department Direct/Indirect Labor, Overhead Expenditures and Capital Planning needs within assigned budgets constraints.
- Lead section managers to find new methods and approaches to reduce cost and schedule.
- Establish department discipline metrics and approve related program measurements.
- Frequently interact with program managers, business development, engineering directors, Mission Area Chief Engineers (MACEs), Program Area Engineers (PAEs), and Mission Area VPs to achieve the goals and objectives of the department, directorate, and business.
- Network across Engineering Directorates, IIS and other businesses to expand knowledge and leverage new skills and solutions.
- Accountable for engineering execution on programs including technical approach, quality and technical performance of work products generated by the department as well as cost and schedule commitments.
- Proactively elevate risks and issues related to program execution and staffing.
- Ensure executable plans are developed as part of program startup activities.
- Accountable for development of program deliverables to meet customer requirements; includes development of discipline specific plans.
- Review proposals to provide accurate and reasonable cost estimates in-line with price-to-win targets assigned to their departments discipline. This includes validation of reasonable assumptions, risks and opportunities.
- Direct the preparation and delivery of the quarterly Desktop or Comprehensive Estimate at Completion (EAC) for department related tasking. Also responsible for approving all EAC estimates that are not forwarded to the DD for approval (based on established EAC review criteria).
- Provide requested support and participation in Raytheon color teams, Gate Reviews, and Independent Review teams.
- Ensuring proper collection and utilization of organizational metrics and lessons learned to drive continuous improvement and facilitate business growth.
- Support business growth opportunities (proposals, Independent Research and Development (IRADs), enterprise campaign projects, business improvement projects).
- Ensuring a diverse pipeline of engineering talent (both leadership and individual contributor) through pro-active strategic and tactical workforce planning, talent acquisition, talent development and succession planning with the competencies required to support competitive pursuits and execute effectively on programs.
- Ensure that programs have the right people with the right skills at the right time in accordance with the program plan. Work with program engineering to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained on all programs; includes recommending personnel for key program assignments.
- 12+ years of experience in Hardware/Infrastructure Engineering or equivalent program experience.
- Leadership clear and effective communication; ability to build & motivate a team; pro-actively solve problems and removes roadblocks; identify risks & manage them; exploit opportunities; vigilant scope/change management awareness.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one discipline related area.
- Ability to guide technical growth of personnel within the department; proficient in mentoring and correcting weaknesses in others.
- Effective facilitator; effective delegation skills; strong judgment and decision-making ability
- Demonstrated ability to work multiple tasks and priorities, and to complete simultaneous assignments with high quality and timely products.
- Able to define plans, integrate cost, schedule and technical objectives; set priorities, adapt plans and flow them down.
- Knowledgeable of EPIC processes & metrics and how to manage with them; strong advocate for process improvement.
- Experience in proposal development; includes BOE generation, cost and technical volumes
- Experience with audits (SCAMPI, ISO, DCMA/DCAA, etc.)
- Experience with EVMS and CAM-certified.
- Ability to travel occasionally on short notice.
- Ability to obtain TS/SCI clearance.
- 12+ years of experience with DoD programs.
- Experience writing proposals.
- MS or PhD degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline
- Knows the personnel and skill sets within the organization.
- Existing TSSCI clearance
BS degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.