Join a team of passionate, self-motivated, talented, and creative people who are seeking to help the institutional investment industry make the most of their time. Backstop is a Chicago-based company that builds leading cloud-based productivity software solutions enabling investment consultants, pensions, private equity, real estate, venture capital, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and family offices to better focus on their investment mandates by achieving greater business agility. We take our customers and our services very seriously, but we also know how to enjoy the journey by being a great place to work.
Our Professional Services team is looking for an industry-versed, client-oriented individual seeking a Software Implementation Specialist career path. In this position you would be managing the successful implementation of Backstops enterprise software suite. Implementation Specialists share the best practices of the alternative investment industry, manage multiple projects, address complex client needs, transform/load/reconcile qualitative and quantitative information, and delight our clients. Our Implementation Specialists are non-technical and billable and are key knowledge and thought-leaders within Backstop.
- Develop mastery of Backstop Solutions implementation methodology.
- Oversee internal and client-side efforts to meet project timelines and overcome project hurdles.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects of varying sizes and complexity with minimal oversight.
- Become an expert in targeted client verticals in order to implement useful workflows with best practices.
- Demonstrate expertise of the Backstop Solutions product suite and train clients on usage.
- Configure software, transform/load/reconcile qualitative and quantitative information, and create reporting packages.
- Actively contribute to client satisfaction and position other service offerings.
- Achieve monthly & annual utilization targets for billable hours.
- Share knowledge and expertise with other Professional Service team members.
- Balance internal engagement with client expectations and project deliverables.
- Participate in the sales cycle when requested to gather requirements, formulate delivery approach and estimate effort.
- Bachelors degree and 3+ years of project management/consulting experience
- Virtual and in-person training experience
- Proven ability to engage and delight clients
- Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% (e.g. 1 out of 5 weeks)
Additional & Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator or enterprise software implementation experience is a plus
- Previous experience in the financial services industry is a plus
- Previous experience working in a professional services organization is a plus
- Understanding of the alternative investment industry (Hedge and Private Equity Funds)
- PMP (Project Management Professional ) designation or desire to attain a PMP
From: Backstop Solutions Group LLC