In vivo senior research associate/Scientist
Renascent Biosciences – Cambridge, MA
Renascent Biosciences LLC is a Cambridge MA based biotech company focused on first in class discovery and development of novel therapeutics for the treatment Alzheimer, Stroke, Parkinsons and kidney degenerative disease disorders. We are hiring a highly skilled and motivated Sr. Research Associate/Scientist with strong background in behavioral/system neuroscience, who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross-disciplinary start-up biotech environment. The individual will work at the bench and be responsible for experimental execution and data analysis for research studies supporting therapeutic programs and platform discovery research. The successful candidate will have extensive prior experience in neurodegenerative diseases and with extensive prior hands-on expertise in performing survival surgeries including stereotaxic or direct intraparenchymal injection, pharmacological administration, rodent (mouse and rat) behavioral testing, brain and tissue collection, and downstream tissue analysis (RT-qPCR, western blot and ELISA).
- Closely collaborate with research scientist to develop and execute in vivo studies utilizing rodent models to support AAV-based gene therapy research and development for neurodegenerative diseases.
- Perform stereotaxic and other surgical procedures and other routes of administration including I.V. I.P and I.M., Behavioral testing for cognitive, memory and motor function assessment; animal perfusion and tissue harvesting
- Perform tissue process and tissue analysis using molecular, cell and tissue-based assays to support project development and target validation
- S. (5+ years), M.S. (3+ years), or PhD (1-3 year) in neuroscience or related discipline
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with performing survival surgeries including stereotaxic or direct intraparenchymal injection, rodent behavioral testing to assess memory and motor dysfunction.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task and handle multiple/changing priorities along with fluctuations in the work load.
- Experience with relevant molecular biological techniques
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, ability to independently analyze and present data to scientific teams, good communication skills.
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced, team-work and multi-task environment
- Working knowledge with neurological disease models
- Experience on cross-functional therapeutic program team
- Experience within a start-up or small biotech environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- stereotaxic surgery: 3 years (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance