Energize your career with one of Healthcares fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, its a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the worlds leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You ll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you ll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
- Take calls from providers in regard to kidney resource eligibility
- Determine if the consumers are eligible for a health program
- Connect consumers to a nurse
- Take calls from providers and enter services that they are requesting into the system
- Must have accurate documentation
- Must meet weekly metrics
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience in a call center environment
- Experience working with Microsoft Word (create, edit, save documents) and Microsoft Excel (create, edit, save spreadsheets)
- Experience working with a PC and windows applications, with the ability to learn other sometimes complex systems
- Any experience working within the healthcare industry
- Commutable distance to Downers Grove, IL
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to work an 8 - hour shift, 40 hours a week, between 7:00am and 7:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- 1+ years of experience working with ICD - 9 / 10 and CPT codes
- Bilingual Spanish / English
Careers with Optum. Here s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world s large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service, healthcare, telephonic, patient interaction, field based, advocacy, medical terminology, codes, coding,