Job Location: Dayton, OH
Role Value Proposition: Do you enjoy winning and pushing to be #1? Would you like to join a Fortune 50 company celebrating over 150 years? This opportunity is for you!
- Base Salary plus uncapped sales earning potential
- Comprehensive training & licensing program
- NO COLD CALLING!
Were looking for passionate, enthusiastic recent college graduates, seasoned sales professionals, or those looking to make a career change to join our next class of Sales Consultants!
As a Sales Consultant within MetLifes Global Customer Solutions (GCS) team, you will respond to incoming calls to our call center by positively promoting MetLife Auto & Home insurance products to prospective customers, consulting with customers to understand their particular needs, and selling those products which best fit the customers needs.
In return, you will benefit from earning a competitive base salary in addition to monthly incentive earnings. Employment with MetLife also includes participation in our comprehensive benefits package which consists of medical, dental & life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays, generous paid time off, along with a variety of programs designed to strengthen and reward your performance.
We provide 8 weeks of paid training (Monday thru Friday - 8:00am-5:00pm), combining classroom and hands-on learning and mentoring to ensure that you have the skills you need to succeed at MetLife. Ongoing coaching and training will remain a focus throughout your tenure at MetLife to help you grow in your role and advance to new opportunities.
Key Responsibilities: MetLife GCS Sales Consultants sell property, casualty, and other personal property insurance products. In providing exceptional customer service and customer experience, Consultants are focused on establishing and maintaining strong customer relationships through a consultative selling approach which includes promoting, selling, cross selling and up-selling products, in some cases, multiple products.
- Adapt to each potential client and customer by explaining basic to complex policy and coverage information in everyday language through simple/understandable terms
- Manage multiple computer systems while interacting with customers
- Follow mandatory quality/compliance guidelines for the protection of our business and customers
- Thoroughly completes applications, forms, and state-specific documents
- Meet all sales metrics within the first 6 months of employment
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- P&C License is not immediately required. MetLife will sponsor and train you for licensing, as you must obtain P&C license to sell within 90 days of hire within your state of residency.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year customer service or sales experience
- Ability to achieve and exceed sales metrics and revenue targets
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, within the hours of operation: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am 10:30 pm; Saturday 9:00 am 5:30pm
- Ability to get licensed in all states MetLife conducts business
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed, with exceptional customer service skills
- Property & Casualty Insurance license to sell is preferred, but not required.
- Property & Casualty insurance experience or familiarity is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and adapt quickly to change
- Passionate about sales and offering the best solutions to our potential clients and customers through a consultative selling approach
- Receptive to coaching and incorporating feedback to enhance customer experience and job performance
- Proven ability to build strong and lasting customer relationships which create customer loyalty
- Conduct business with the highest levels of professionalism honesty, integrity, and respect
- Prior sales experience but more importantly strong customer focus
- Continually focused on the customer and enhancing customer centric touch points and processes
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Business Category Sales
Number of Openings 13
At MetLife, were leading the global transformation of an industry weve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, were dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.