Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of Helping FamiliesChanging Lives, making a positive impact in the lives of more than 34,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
The New Foundation, which is just one of many programs at A New Leaf, has been providing wellness services for adolescents ages 11-17 aiding them in overcoming substance abuse and addiction and learn how to manage mental illness through behavioral health and education programs.
Our mission is to help children and families attain healing through recovery and growth by identifying strengths and building new foundations.
The New Foundation is currently seeking a full time Admissions Manager.
SCHEDULE: Monday Friday, 8 a.m. 5 p.m.
LOCATION: Scottsdale, AZ
- A Masters Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or closely related field with a minimum of two years experience in: residential treatment, psychiatric hospital, or closely related setting with children and/or adolescents and their families.
- Possess an active Independent License issued by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (LPC or LCSW)
- Possess a valid drivers license with reliable transportation, current auto liability insurance and a clean 39- month motor vehicle record.
- Have a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to receive one.
- Due to state licensing requirements, applicants must be a minimum 21 years of age.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manage the assessment and if indicated, the admissions of all referrals.
- Participate in weekly agency meetings
- Provide tours to parents
- Provide weekly direct supervision to administrative support member
- Manage all relationships with referral sources. Provide tours to referral sources, insurance representatives, etc., to familiarize them with A New Leafs residential programs. Network with provider agencies and potential referral sources to enhance A New Leafs ability to promote services. Conduct presentations/network with insurance companies. Insure that regular visits on campus by referral sources are meeting the performance standard.
- Working in partnership with the intake specialist ensure that A New Leaf has all necessary documents needed, signed and dated for admittance.
- Complete psycho-social history of new resident and initial recommendations within twenty-four hours of admittance.
- Collect and turn in necessary information needed for the billing department.
- Attend court hearings as necessary.
- Participate on working committees and attendance of meetings and trainings at A New Leaf, as assigned.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Clinical Director.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES & SKILLS:
- The proven ability to maintain 90% occupancy.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Regional Behavioral Health Authorities, AHCCCS Plans, Private Insurance, Arizona Department of Economic Security, Maricopa County and other county Juvenile Court Centers, Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections, and the Arizona Department of Education. Will be able to demonstrate the ability to network and build community relations with these agencies.
- Demonstrate knowledge the confidentiality laws of the state of Arizona as they effect children.
- Ability to gain a working knowledge of the residential programs affiliated with A New Leaf, what programs offer in the therapeutic environment and have a willingness to become involved in the daily milieu activities.
- Ability to conduct psychosocial histories, interpret psychiatric, psychological, and psycho-educational evaluations, using professional writing skills, as well as possess knowledge of general theories and therapy practices.
- Ability to establish professional working relationships with other members of the Childrens Behavioral Health System and to promote A New Leaf as a positive member of that system. To assess what the community needs are and to coordinate sharing that information with other members of A New Leaf.
- Ability to communicate with the billing departments of the referral agencies to ensure that they have necessary information to prepare and complete billing efficiently. Understand how to request and receive prior-authorization for residential services.
- Ability to work closely with the Program Directors, Clinical Directors, Principal, Nursing, and Campus Supervisors to ensure that the clients needs are met upon admission including the necessary documentation.
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to work under times of extreme stress in a highly charged environment.
Only those candidates with the experience and qualifications that correspond to our requirements may be contacted by a member of our hiring department.
Please wait to hear from us; do not call the Human Resources Department to check on the status of your application. NO PHONE CALLS. No Third Party or Temp Agencies.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of driving records, employment, education, and criminal background search.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participa en el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay Comments: Salary DOE. All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: Direct deposit, Competitive pay, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Annual Team Member Appreciation Event, informal, yet professional team environment. We provide a comprehensive benefits package that represents a significant part of the total compensation plan: Health and Dental Insurance; Vision Coverage, Sick Days, Vacation, Holidays, Life Insurance & AD&D, Short Term Disability (STD), 401(K), and Tuition Reimbursement.
Job Type: Full-time
- Admissions: 1 year (Preferred)
- Independent LPC, LCSW, or other (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations