Careers that Change Lives
Your dedication to quality is important to our customers and, most importantly, to their patients. As an important member of engineering team in Manufacturing you will provide industrial engineering support for the General Surgical Products (GSP) Focus Factory within Medtronics Surgical Devices business. You will focus on Product efficiencies and cost standards, space and capacity planning and execution and cost reduction program ownership.
Do meaningful work, make a difference, and improve lives starting with your own.
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
We value what makes you unique. Be a part of a company that thinks differently to solve problems, make progress, and deliver meaningful innovations.
A Day in the Life
- Establish, maintain, and improve labor standards, line layouts, BOMs, and routings for all products.
- Perform time studies, ergonomic/safety assessments, process flow analysis, line balancing, and productivity evaluations for all production areas and implement identified improvements
- Perform financial analysis for capital equipment purchases, product cost reduction projects, and quality initiatives, and provide recommendations. Manage plant cost reduction tracking program.
- Maintain capacity and manpower models for GSP operations and initiate corrective actions and/or improvements as required.
- Utilize lean, six sigma, 5S, team building, effective communication, and project management skills to perform essential job functions and develop effective actions plans.
- Collaborate with Tooling and Manufacturing Engineers to develop flexible manufacturing cell designs
- Develop and optimize factory layout for assembly equipment
- Frequent (verbal and written) communications; able to present to peers and management on deliverables status
- Develops solutions to a variety of routine problems using computer and logic-based methods
- Working knowledge of GD&T, SPC, Validation, PFMEA
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Support root cause analysis activities.
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with 0 years of experience
- Versed in capacity modeling, time-studies, balance tables, and flexible work-cell development
- Skilled with Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD, and ERP Systems
- Six Sigma tools
- Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Strong written and verbal communications (including presentation skills)
- Understanding of financial analysis
- Standard cost development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Word
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Lets work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)