This position is currently in Seattle, WA but will transition to Everett, WA by ****93.
Vaupell designs, engineers, and produces custom, high performance engineered plastic and composite components and assemblies for demanding applications. We are the global market leader in plastics components and assemblies for aircraft interiors while also serving the broader aerospace, defense, medical and commercial markets.
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for identifying, recommending, and implementing cost cutting projects and process improvements by using industry-standard Lean Manufacturing Techniques. The incumbent will take initiatives, which will reduce inventory, labor, and materials costs. The ideal candidate will coordinate and report monthly progress on 5S activity, project activity, and cost savings initiatives. The incumbent required to maintain a portfolio of cost saving/process improvement projects, which will consist of (a) active projects, (b) projects in the pipeline, and (c) projects at conceptual stage. This portfolio is to be reviewed with the VLMS Manager on a regular basis.
- Conducts time studies for all plant processes to determine accurate data for capacity and quoting activities.
- Identify, recommend, and implement cost cutting projects and process improvements.
- Take initiatives, which will simplify the processes and reduce inventory, labor, and materials costs.
- Coordinate and report periodic progress.
- Develop, analyze and troubleshoot production processes through the use of Industrial Engineering and Lean tools, methods and techniques.
- Reengineer processes to optimize product flow, reduce variation, streamline operations and support cost-cutting initiatives.
- Provide support to production operations in the areas of equipment, layout, tooling, fixtures, and machines.
- Responsible for the planning, project management, purchasing, installing, etc. of production equipment.
- Ensure processes conform to Lean Production practices by evaluating new and existing processes and implementing solutions to improve productivity and quality.
- Take an active role in the development & implementation of the Vaupell Lean Management System as it applies to layout work instructions, and work flow.
- Implement continuous improvements and assist with process changes.
- Maintain a portfolio of cost savings/process improvement projects and review with reporting manager on a monthly basis.
- Interface with all aspects of operations including quality, materials and maintenance
- Ability to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shifts
- Effectively present ideas to management.
- Perform special project assignments.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering required with strong preference for Industrial Engineering.
- Certification in Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma a plus.
- Must have relevant experience in a manufacturing production environment. Aerospace manufacturing experience highly preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of high volume production methods, procedures, and cost-reduction techniques in a Lean environment.
- Fundamental understanding of industry-standard Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
- Must have a working knowledge of Lean Production tools: including 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Pull Systems, Cellular Production, Kanban, and Kaizen.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability in analytical thinking.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in support of strategic objectives and to work with and motivate team members in support of those objectives.
- Must have the ability to effectively present ideas to the client.
- Must have the ability to interface with vendors, planners, customers, and management of all levels of the organization with a positive, professional, customer-focused approach.
- Must be able to work independently and with others in a team environment.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Microsoft Outlook.
Candidates must be either US Citizens or US Persons to ensure Vaupells compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR (Export Administration Regulations.)