Overview Enterprise Informatioin Services Inc. was founded to challenge the IT project status quo. Our innovative approach to delivering successful projects allows clients, and not technology, to drive solutions. We provide analysis and independent verification that is not limited to existing processes or vendors. We encourage employees to develop creative ideas for solving client problems. We define value and outcomes upfront to ensure success at project completion. EIS brings large company capabilities and reliability to our customers, coupled with small business responsiveness and immediate access to corporate leadership. EIS is an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 20000, ISO 9001, and ISO 27001 certified company; along with being a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) SVC Maturity Level 3 and DEV Level 3 appraised company. EIS is a capable, growing, and experienced large business, bringing notable IT capability to bear on our clients challenges.
The National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) collects, receives, and generates large amount of data from internal and external sources in support of its public health mission. These data are stored, managed, analyzed, and presented using different practices, standards, and tools which creates challenges with data access, data integration, data analysis, data availability, and data presentation/ discoverability. There is an immediate need in the center to build data science related resource capacity to provide programs necessary support in data management, analysis, integration, and visualization. Responsibilities This position serves as a Health Scientist (Informatics) and Project Lead; the primary purpose of the position is to perform a variety of scientific activities and analyses related to health care informatics in various public health program areas.
- Provide consultation and expertise on data science and data analytics related projects
- Support enhancing collaborative data science projects
- Support the government in establishing and strengthening data governance
- Manage and analyze large and/or complex datasets
- Provide support and expertise in data visualization projects and activities
- Support enabling the holistic use of comprehensive data sources for analytical workflows.
- Provide recommendations on data integration opportunities
- Implement scientific policies and procedures on informatics practices and principles
- Design, implement, and conduct scientific surveys/studies or projects to identify and solve health system related problems.
- Analyze public health issues and their impact on scientific operations that are critical to the public health community
- Prepare status reports to the supervisor and management and provide guidance on the status review
- Collaborate with IT specialists, health informatics scientists and specialists in the development of quality control software and software programs to audit data integrity or evaluate data entry software reliability
Project Lead Duties:
- Conduct Project Management Tasks including: managing resources, deliverables, and implementing solutions
- Capture and define requirements for the deliverables
- Create and maintain all appropriate project documentation
- Implement a Quality Control Plan to ensure actions (deliverables, reports, scripts, databases, analysis, or services) required at each phase of the project are completed and conform to requirements
- Bachelor s or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
- Must have three years of specialized experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position to include in designing and implementing laboratory data management tools to perform data tracking and statistical data analysis related to informatics to provide scientific support to public health programs.
- Must be US Citizen, able to pass a government background check and obtain a Public Trust security clearance.