Information Operations Planner
Alion Science and Technology – Doral, FL
Requires experience, and knowledge of basic advertising elements, concepts, and practices. Provide analysis to measure the effectiveness of all IO programs and shall employ database marketing, database management, or quantitative and statistical studies to evaluate existing and potential target audiences. Ensure assessment of IO programs is synchronized with the Command Strategic Assessment. Develop and maintain reporting procedures for all IO activities.
Serve as a functional expert and action officer for IO, with emphasis on conducting strategic and theater planning at the COCOM level.
Provide assistance to conduct appropriate coordination between the IO Crisis Action Cell, Joint Intelligence and Operations Center, Current Operations, Future Operations, USSOUTHCOM Battle Staff, J-code staff, and Special Staff elements.
- Routinely brief CDR USSOUTHCOM, J-staff Directors, key partner nation military officials and dignitaries and other senior leadership representing USG agencies to provide strategic, operational, and tactical MISO expertise and advice. Prepare and provide documents and briefings to Joint Staff and OSD senior MISO and SOLIC representatives
- Assist in planning, developing, staffing, coordinating, implementing, evaluating, and integrating IO and MISO in all USSOUTHCOM activities and operations.
- Oversee the drafting of MISO programs, plans, and appropriate Tabs to ensure USSOUTHCOM and components have required MISO authorities to support the IO mission.
- Oversee development of standard operating procedures (SOP) and maintain MISO SOPs and instructions with submission to the Government at the end of each Fiscal Year Quarter for review and approval.
- Provide technical guidance and assistance to component MISO and IO elements.
- Maintain MISO coordination support with USSOCOM and SOCSO MISO and IO offices. Reperesent J39 interests at meetings, conferenes, VTCs, and conferences involving senior level officers from DOD, DOS, and partner nations.
- Support with the MISO Process for all theater MISO Products.
- Support with the development of reports for Component MISO oversight provided to the appropriate TTM, 4 days prior to suspense and shall need no more than 3 rewrites. This includes thorough review of quarterly reporting from components, theater strategic MISO media, and DOD Rewards program.
- Support SCJ39 Staff Assistance/Oversight Visits.
- Archives and maintain current MISO information on Intelink, SharePoint, and other web-based collaboration tools.
- Maintain Long Range MISO TDY Plan.
- Provide/Post required MISO reports after Government approval.
- Oversee MISO support to IO relevant conferences and meetings and shall provide meeting notes/minutes to government representatives.
- Coordinates for intelligence support to Information Operations, to include target audience selection, target audience analysis, social media trends.
- Support in drafting requests for forces and requests for support as required for steady state and contingency operations.
- Oversee MISO support for deliberate and crisis action planning and participates in appropriate B2C2WGs.
- Lead non-kinetic effects OPT. Represent Director of Operations for senior non-kinetic fires when tasked.
- Lead non-kinetic targeting OPTs. Represent COCOM non-kinetic targeting at exercise conferences, jointtargeting boards, and effects coordination boards. Provide non-kinetic targeting list and advice to CDR
- USOUTHCOM through the Commanders Communications Strategy meeting.
- Oversee MISO support to the DODRP.
- Lead support for non-kinetic and MISO assessments. Maintain assessment coordination with J2 and J8 representatives. Report as necessary to Joint Staff and OSD with assessment data.
- Lead coordinator for intelligence support to MISO, IO, and non-kinetic targeting.
- Minimum requirements: Obtained MISO MOS (37A/F). Minimum three (3) years experience as MISO officer or senior non-commisssioned officer on a joint staff (JTF, COCOM, Joint Staff, OSD). Minimum two (2) years experience in other capacities (service staff, PSYOP group or battalion, etc.).
- USSOUTHCOM AOR Experience.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Joint Task Force/Combatant Command level operations planner.
- Fluency in Spanish is not required but advantageous
- TS/SCI Clearance Required based upon a SSBI completed within the past five (5) years
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.