The Infrastructure Analyst is responsible for operating and maintaining Emersons virtualization environment globally. This person works with various company stakeholders to ensure the services offered are meeting the customers requirements. This person is responsible for maintaining a technical and functionals roadmap in collaboration with IT Design engineers. Additionally, this person is accountable for providing solutions that can be operated in a cost-effective manner while maintaining the appropriate level of availability, performance, and security.
The role requires that the incumbent be the technical lead for all virtualization technologies included but limited to:
VCA Data Center
Site Recovery Manager
vRealize Operations Focus on creating reports and monitoring dashboards
VDI, Horizon View
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
* Acts as a thought leader in her domain
* Operates enterprise infrastructure solutions in accordance with functional requirements meeting capacity and performance criteria
* Works on multiple simultaneous projects to implement new technologies and configurations
* Responsible for validation and acceptance of proposed infrastructure solution and integration methodologies
* Contributes technical inputs and co-authors architectural & design artifacts in collaboration with the Infrastructure Design Engineers
* Provides tier four support and participates in the on-call schedule
* Facilitates resolution and/or troubleshoots infrastructure related issues between multiple vendors and providers
* Conducts research, evaluations, develops a recommendation and conducts testing related to emerging technologies
* Provide system configurations with ROM (Rough Order of Magnitude) and committed pricing
* Develops and maintains detailed documentation
* Troubleshoots and reengineers existing system solutions as needed.
* Assists with the development of Emerson standard build configurations and pricing.
* Trains and coaches other team members.
* Bachelors degree in Information Systems or related
* Fluent in English. Other languages a plus.
* Desired: VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
Nice to have: VMWare Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
* Nice to have: VMWare Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP)
* Nice to have: Certified Windows Engineer (MCSE)
* Nice to have: Security Certification (e.g., CISSP)
* Nice to have: Unix/Linux experience (RHC SA, RHCE, RHCA, RHCVA)
* 1-2 years working Experience in storage infrastructure implementation and operation
* Working knowledge of WAN and LAN technologies including IP, Switches and Firewalls.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Basic financial skills
* Automation skills
* Conflict resolution skills
* Global Experience
* 10 PERCENT travel requirements
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to [email protected] About Emerson
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational valuesintegrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovationinform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
JOB FUNCTION:IT Software : Software Products & Services
INDUSTRY:Manufacturing / Industrial