The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our New York, NY office is seeking an experienced Inside Sales/Marketing Manager to support the growth of our Buildings and Infrastructure line of business. The primary responsibility of the Inside Sales Manager is to drive disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship Based Sales (RBS) Process: (1) develop and advance client relationships prior to opportunity identification; (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities; and (3) develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals. The Inside Sales Manager, in partnership with our Client Account Manager and Operations Leaders, positions us to win work and supports the growth of our businesses.
Our ideal candidate brings a strong background in buildings and infrastructure pursuits for New York State and New York City clientsspecifically in the transit/transportation, water, and buildings markets. S/he is an exceptional facilitator, communicator, and writer; recognizes the importance of diverse teams and excels in leading them; has a great sense of humor; and believes all problems are solvable.
The Inside Sales Manager will:
- Organize, direct, and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables
- Support Client Account Managers and Operations Leaders in key research activities, e.g. client, competitor and market research, development of documented Core Client Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of executive summaries and white papers
- Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement positioning action plans, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop win plan, facilitate competitor analyses, write executive summaries, conduct Go/No Go and strategy reviews, identify project teams
- Plan, organize, and direct all elements of proposal preparation, e.g. analyze client requests, develop response plans (response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate/facilitate Go/No Go decision making, conduct kick-off meetings, manage and work with teams to develop proposals, refine win themes, conduct in-progress reviews, schedule pricing reviews, ensure compliant and on-time delivery of proposals
- Translate win strategies into key themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefits statements, graphics, and proofs
- Work with Sales Lead and Capture Manager/Operations to develop B&P estimate, gain approval, regularly monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances
- Work with Client Account Managers and Operations Leaders to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create distinctive competitive advantages
- Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Inside Sales team members companywide
- Coach and mentor proposal coordinators, working with them on individual pursuits as needed
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university in marketing, journalism, engineering, construction, or other similar field related to our industry required
- At least 10 years of relevant experience within the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry is required
- Strong capability in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Project engineering and/or management experience a plus
- Experience with program management, construction management, and design-build a plus
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is drug-free workplace.