Inspector - (190001CN)Description
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
This team provides cargo inspection and analytical assessment to the worlds petroleum, mining, minerals and biofuels industries. With solutions based on years of expertise, innovation and advanced analytical capabilities, we help customers optimize return on cargoes and help them resolve difficult technical challenges.
As a Petroleum Inspector, you will be asked to perform the necessary volume measurements, temperature measurements, sampling, calculations, documentation, and reporting which ensure that the customer receives an independent, accurate, and complete assessment of quantity and quality of material.
- Understand and adhere to Caleb Brett safety procedures.
- To perform by specified methodology, visual observation, volume measurement, temperature measurement and sampling of commodity materials contained or conveyed in lines, rail tanks, shore tanks and other vessels.
- To attend commodity material movements involving line and tank transfer or displacement, lightering and loading and unloading.
- To communicate and coordinate with terminal, transport and Company personnel to promote smooth exercise of duties assigned.
- To perform routine equipment calibration, verification and function checks.
- To organize and coordinate jobs so that services are rendered, and reports and samples are submitted in a timely manner.
- To verify and communicate the results obtained and to make the entries into the appropriate media, whether print or electronic, required to ensure the validity and traceability of the information.
ESSENTIAL RQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have basic grasp of basic mathematics and work in an automated environment.
- One to two years experience in the petroleum industry is helpful.
- Valid Drivers License and reliable personal transportation.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- Ability to work on an on-call basis.
- Be aware of and adhere to safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety and well as the safety of others.
- Ability to work in fast-paced multi-tasking environment.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the worlds most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.Primary Location:
Gonzales Ruby Avenue 2632 Ruby Avenue Gonzales 70737Job:
USA01:Intertek USA IncSchedule:
Individual Contributor Full-timeJob Level:
Yes, 50 % of the TimeJob Posting:
May 29, 2019, 1:51:57 AMIntertek - 30 days ago - save job - original job