Fives Machining Systems Inc., a member of the Fives Group, is one of the worlds leading machine tool and systems companies serving the durable-goods industry worldwide. Fives MSI offers the chance to grow and develop careers in a world class environment that provides both challenge and reward. If you are seeking an opportunity that allows the freedom and flexibility to make a meaningful contribution, and if you share our enthusiasm and commitment to excellence, we invite you to explore the career opportunities we offer in our global organization.
As an innovative partner for global manufacturers we offer our customers tailored machines and systems solutions based on state-of-the-art technology. Machining Systems Inc. retains a flat hierarchy and flexible organization with straight-forward decision making processes. This is a crucial requirement for a dynamically growing company that is always on track with the requirements of the market. The success story of the company owes primarily to our dedicated employees. Working for Fives MSI means taking on challenges and implementing individual ideas as a member of a motivated team.
We have an opening for a Installation Support. The Installation Support position, under the direction of the Installations Manager and Service Coordinator/Specialist, erect and service machine tools and associated equipment at customers facility. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, complete machines, tool gauges, part wash stations, material handling equipment, and inspection equipment. Position will also support OEM Assembly Operations with sub-assembly, assembly, and disassembly of machine tools as assigned by Manager
Essential duties include, but are not limited to the following
- Assembles units and machines to engineering specifications in assembly drawings
- Builds machines and associated units to specified time requirements in work schedules
- Follows, creates and maintains written assembly procedures
- Tests and ensures quality standards are met
- Performs part inspection as needed, identifies defective parts if necessary
- Cleans, fits, aligns, adjusts and assembles parts as needed
- Interprets guidance, area priorities & communicates with other departments in absence of supervisor
- Assists Test Engineers with functional machine setup
- Assists Final Inspectors with machine alignments
- Maintains equipment in the assigned area at a basic user level
- Recommends design improvements, seeks to increase efficiencies in different work areas
- Operate machines throughout the course of the build cycle as needed
- Install, maintain, and instruct operators and maintenance personnel on computer controls associated with standalone machine tools.
- Utilize various types of tests instruments, such as VOM and an oscilloscope. Also, need to have a working knowledge of a laser measurement device.
- Manage all functions of a machine installation. Work and instruct customer s engineering people, customer contracted millwrights and riggers, electricians, and pipe fitters. Supervise and manage all people associated with the machine installation and check out. Assist with runoffs required to get machine acceptance.
- Perform service on machines after installation by analyzing the malfunctions, making minor adjustments, recommending and assisting with repair parts orders, and performing actual repair work.
- Prepare service reports, expense reports, installation reports, and other special reports as requested by the supervisor.
- Use a laptop computer to retrieve e-mail, log service calls, and interface with SAP business system.
- Use a laptop computer to interface/troubleshoot axis drives, spindle drives and vendor controls.
- Domestic and International travel is required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High level mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Experience with CNC controls such as Fanuc, Siemens or Heidenhain, preferred but general CNC controls knowledge is acceptable.
- Willing to travel up to 75% both nationally and internationally. While the employee is not traveling to a customers facility, they are traveling to Fond du Lac, Wisconsin to train or support the build of machines or machine components.
- Read and interpret assembly drawings, layouts, and Bills of Materials
- Read and interpret electrical prints
- Work with English and Metric measurements
- Operate gages such as OD & ID micrometers, verniers, gage blocks, etc.
- Continual use of hand tools for various operations drill, tap, ream, file, chip, fit, straighten, etc.
- Operate small machines lathe, grinder, drill press, belt sander, etc.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must be comfortable using computers and basic functions for communication and booking travel.
- Operate overhead crane and forklifts to stack units for machine assembly
- Associate s Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 4 - 6 years related experience and/or training.
Job Location Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States Department Manufacturing/Production Position Type Full-Time/Regular