University Information Technology Services (UITS), within the University of Arizona, is seeking a Integration Engineer, Senior (Applications Systems Analyst/Developer, Senior).
The primary role of this position is to support the Enterprise CRM in the research, development, and implementation of a next generation integration platform. The successful candidate will be working within a dynamic, diverse, and continuously-evolving environmentcollaborating with organizations across campus to integrate a variety of disparate services, develop new solutions, as well as providing technical/architectural expertise and guidance.
This is a project funded, two-year position with potential for continuation pending ongoing funding.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with the Enterprise CRM team in developing and supporting common integration infrastructure and middleware to be employed across enterprise systems and campus computing environments.
- Researches, prototypes and recommends technical solutions to application architecture and integration challenges.
- Contributes to the development and support of architectural artifacts (e.g., documentation, system maps, service catalogs).
- Identifies and applies appropriate software architecture and integration patterns.
- Consults with, and provides technical assistance and/or training to, developers and other constituents.
- Participates in the ongoing review and refinement of infrastructure and processes; provides input to the development of formal governance mechanisms and maturation processes.
- Participates as an application development and integration subject matter expert (SME) on various project teams and initiatives
- Coordinates with systems and operational support staff to identify issues, resolve problems, and test solutions involving application architecture, integration infrastructure and middleware platforms. Performs root cause analysis to prevent future issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Skill in providing information technology related customer service to users having varying levels of technical expertise.
- Skill in writing technical documentation.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong analytical, inductive reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of security issues and concerns impacting application and system-level integrations.
Please see Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications below.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications
Five years of experience in programming applications systems using relevant technologies and programming languages; OR, an Associates degree in Computer Science or related field AND four years of experience in programming applications systems using relevant technologies and programming languages; OR, Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field AND two years of experience in programming applications systems using relevant technologies and programming languages; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Five years of development/integration experience involving complex, multi-tier, web-based application environments using relevant technologies and programming languages.
- Supporting, maintaining and enhancing an externally-facing API or application stack in a production environment.
- Systems development using scripting languages, e.g., Bash, Python, Perl.
- Software version control tools, e.g. Git, Subversion.
- Linux operating system environments.
Full Time/Part Time Full Time Number of Hours Worked per Week 40 Job Category Computer, Engineering and Technical Benefits Eligible Yes - Full Benefits FLSA Exempt Posted Rate of Pay $62,000 - $72,000, DOE