SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Intermissions Program Coordinator/Program Manager, will use a person-centered, strength-based approach to provide social activity-based programming for program participants. Programming is designed to meet the needs of residents by providing stimulating physical, cognitive, socio-emotional, creative and spiritual activities. The position requires a functional knowledge of dementia and an understanding of the psychosocial and behavioral challenges faced by individuals with dementia and their family members.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Patience and flexibility under stressful conditions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate professionally with staff, participants, and family member
- Sincere interest and desire to work with residents affected by dementia
- Flexibility in work schedule including weekends and evenings as appropriate
- If urgent, ability to provide or obtain assistance to residents who may need help.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED is preferred.
Programming/activity experience is preferred.
: Job: CC Program Asst II United States-Massachusetts-Hingham :Primary Location Administration :Organization Per Diem :Schedule
Jul 3, 2019, 2:26:27 PM :Job Posting : :