Intern- Engineering Systems Quality Analyst Description
When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industrys technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. Thats because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customers experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
The ES Quality Analyst is responsible for overall quality and usability of the software during development and prior to delivery to end users.
- The Engineering Systems team is responsible for being the experts of all CAD/EDM systems and processes used by DTNA Engineering.
- Tasked with implementing strategic initiatives that improve the systems and processes necessary to Engineer the Best Trucks, the team overcomes cross-departmental boundaries by building close partnerships with Engineering, DTNA s local IT, Daimler s global IT departments, and 3rd party suppliers.
- Additionally, the team maintains a competitive awareness of technology trends and utilizes promising trends to bring value to Engineering.
- Assist in developing new test plans and documentation for a new Daimler projects.
- Develop test scenarios that ensure proper usability of new software.
- Execute individual feature testing prior to the build of new releases
- Participate in complete regression testing for new release builds.
- Analyze failed test results, identify reproducible scenarios, and communicate issues to a software development team.
- Survey a portion of DTNA s Engineers about system usage.
- Summarize the survey results so the data can be used to drive future plans for system development.
- Must be participating in a Bachelor s Program or higher (or have graduated within the past 12 months) required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- An attached resume is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Ability to use entry level 3D CAD required (NX preferred).
- Basic Knowledge of engineering processes required
- Knowledge of Siemens NX preferred
- Programming knowledge (ex:Java, Python, C#) preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.
Organization : Daimler Trucks North America LLC Primary Location : United States of America-Oregon-Portland Work Locations : 4555 North Channel Ave 4555 North Channel Ave Portland 97217