IT Business Analyst
This position is for a IT Business Analyst that can take charge of a project and deliver results. The business analyst s primary objective is to help implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project, analyzing requirements, designing solutions, recommending system controls and protocols, and communicating clearly to stakeholders. Main tasks will include eliciting, analyzing, communicating, testing and verifying requirements, plus the ability to identify opportunities to solve business problems and improve processes. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users. This position reports directly to the IT Portfolio Manager. Under the general direction of the Central Valley Regional Contract Manager, the Senior Cost Engineer is responsible for analysis and reporting of project costs and the administration of the organizations cost tracking system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Eliciting, analyzing, communicating, testing and verifying requirements.
- Acting as liaison between business stakeholders, such as management, customers or end users, and the software development or information technology team.
- Analyzing and communicating stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software requirements.
- Using modeling, testing and data models to improve the flow of information through an organization to enhance project success.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures.
- Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects.
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Consulting with users to determine the needs of the system
- Designing a system to meet the business goals
- Specifying inputs and formatting outputs to meet users needs
- Using techniques such as sampling, model building and structured analysis, along with accounting principles, to ensure the solution is efficient, cost-effective and financially feasible
- Developing specifications, diagrams and flowcharts for programmers to follow
- Overseeing implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance
- Liaison with other application owners applying standard solutions and processes.
- Provide inputs to weekly status reports
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK Guide),
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and the agile development processes and environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential along with strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business data into digestible information that improves processes.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills. Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations. A track record of following through on commitments.
- Ability to liaison with managers in IT and other functional areas, apply standard solutions and processes.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with client staff and project consultants, private contractors, employees, and the general public.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or Computer Science
- At least ten years of experience in IT Business Analysis, preferably in a setting delivering solutions to large transportation infrastructure projects
- Experience analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Experience reporting and presenting to senior program leadership teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Experience working with the State of California preferred
- PMP, PMI-BA, IIBA, ISTQB and relevant technical certifications preferred
- The ability to work in the United States immediately, local candidates preferred
Cordoba Corporation is a nationally recognized civil engineering, construction management, program management, and planning firm. We specialize in education and facilities, transportation, and water and energy. In collaboration with our clients, Cordoba has facilitated the development of several complex and highly visible infrastructure projects throughout California.
Our efforts have resulted in national recognition from Engineering News-Record as a top 100 construction management firm and a top 50 program management firm. We are proud to share that ENR has also recently recognized Cordoba in 2018 as a top 100 design firm in California.
Cordoba s business model has been commended for its efficiency, encouraging work dynamic, and its multifaceted approach toward projects. Many of our professionals have received praise in the media as leaders in their field of expertise.
We have established a statewide presence throughout California. Headquartered in Los Angeles, we also have offices located in San Francisco, Sacramento, San Ramon, Chatsworth, Santa Ana, and San Diego.
Cordoba Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Cordoba Corporation expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you need special assistance or accommodation, please contact Cordoba Corporations HR Department at: (213)895-0224.