Be involved in projects with our California High Speed Rail Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our clients objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is currently initiating a search for a IT Business Analyst for our Sacramento, California office. Duties and Responsibilities: oInformation Technology Business Systems Analyst: Implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project, analyzing requirements, designing solutions, recommending system controls and protocols, and communicating clearly to stakeholders. Main tasks will include eliciting, analyzing, communicating, testing and verifying requirements, plus the ability to identify opportunities to solve business problems and improve processes. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users. Business Analysis tasks include: Eliciting, analyzing, communicating, testing and verifying requirements. Acting as liaison between business stakeholders, such as management, customers or end users, and the software development or information technology team. Analyzing and communicating stakeholder needs by translating business requirements into software requirements. Using modeling, testing and data models to improve the flow of information through an organization to enhance project success. Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions. Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies. Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts. Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports. Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures. Monitoring deliverables and ensuring timely completion of projects. Systems Analysis tasks include: Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats. Designs new computer programs by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications. Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications. Recommends controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures. Provides references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users. Consulting with users to determine the needs of the system Designing a system to meet the business goals Specifying inputs and formatting outputs to meet users needs Using techniques such as sampling, model building and structured analysis, along with accounting principles, to ensure the solution is efficient, cost-effective and financially feasible Developing specifications, diagrams and flowcharts for programmers to follow Overseeing implementation, coordinating tests and observing initiation of the system to validate performance Responsibilities include: Liaison with other application owners applying standard solutions and processes. Provide inputs to weekly status reports Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies. Participate in design tasks as needed. Participate in development and testing as needed. Provide support for developed solutions. Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis. Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support Program Management Information System procurement efforts Support and Training including creating printable materials and hands-on instruction Talent is the essence of meeting our clients objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, wed love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- At least 5 years of experience in IT Business Analysis
- Experience analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Experience reporting and presenting to senior program leadership teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- PMP, PMI-BA, IIBA, ISTQB and relevant technical certifications preferred
- The ability to work in the United States immediately
- Knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK Guide),
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and the agile development processes and environments.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential along with strong communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and translate business data into digestible information that improves processes.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Advanced technical skills. Excellent documentation skills.
- Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations. A track record of following through on commitments.
- Ability to liaison with managers in IT and other functional areas, apply standard solutions and processes.
- Ability to organize work, establish priorities, meet established deadlines, and follow up on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communications with client staff and project consultants, private contractors, employees, and the general public.
- Principles and practices of project management, process improvement strategies for business processes and systems; creating and analyzing workflow diagrams and reporting techniques; construction project phases and disciplines.
- Experience working with the State of California
About WSP USA WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world s leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa WSP provides a progressive mix of benefits including medical, dental 401k and long term disability focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employees career. At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges, are you ready to get started? WSP USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin and Veterans and Disability. The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.