IT Client Support Associate
Job Id : 5101
Jobtitle : IT Client Support Associate
Location : Columbus, OH
Company Name : Vysion Technology Solutions
Industry : Information Technology
Salary : $28,000 - $49,000 YEAR
Job type : Fulltime
Posted on: 2019-10-03
Required Skills : Windows, Linux, Routers, FTP Server, TCP/IP, Good Communication Skills
Benefits : Medical Insurance,Dental Insurance,Vision Insurance,Life Insurance
- 2-4 years of related experience Desktop Support role preferred
- Knowledge of O365, Windows Apple OS X, IOS and Android Operating Systems and basic networking hardware.
- Ability to configure Outlook and solve issues such as views, calendar-sharing, email rules, data migration, etc.
- Experience with Helpdesk ticketing software
- Knowledge of workstation hardware setup.
- Experience at professional documentation of WIP
- Demonstrated knowledge using and troubleshooting various applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and web based applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In performing their duties, the IT Client Support Associate must demonstrate composure and professionalism in person and/or on the phone or in online consultations.
His/her role entails providing excellent service to customers by promptly evaluating, prioritizing, and responding to their requests.
It also involves assembling peripherals and accessories and installing the right operating systems required.
His/her tasks may also include addition, removal, and preservation of accounts of users on all servers, including changing of password, resetting of accounts, and removal of accounts of employees whose jobs have been terminated.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email - provide support for 10 - 20 Helpdesk inquiries a day, but not limited to that number
- Manage, troubleshoot, and document incoming Helpdesk tickets and requests from end users in a courteous manner
- Active Directory, Exchange and Microsoft 365 user maintenance
- Deploy and configure user laptops, desktops, servers, switches, printers, routers and other IT equipment.
- Prioritize problems and incidents and escalate (when required) to the appropriate SME (Subject Matter Expert)
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware utilized by the organization
- Perform desktop maintenance, including installing, updating, and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests and incidents
- Provide end-user training IT Policy, Procedures, Fundamentals, Systems and Tools
- Assist other help desk team members in resolving hardware and software issues as needed
- Perform IT On and Off boarding tasks, including user websites and password resets
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Accurately account for time spent on daily tasks and projects
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedure
- Handle Tier 1 help desk escalations through tickets or phone
- Follow up on outstanding requests and ensure timely resolution
- Create accounts and configure hardware as part of on-boarding process
- Support audio and video equipment in conference rooms
- Manage and monitor internal assets to ensure accurate inventory records
- Thoroughly and professionally document all WIP, client interactions and maintain job notes
- Other duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
- Associates degree or related equivalent certifications
- 2 years+ experience working in a Windows/Mac environment, with experience in an IT environment supporting desktops, laptops, peripherals, and printers, routers
- Work experience in a service/help desk setting
- Linux experience a PLUS
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases and
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Windows 7, Mac OS X, Google Apps and Office 365
- Mac and PC hardware, Printers, scanners, computer peripherals, Mobile devices (iOS, Android)
- Client PC connectivity - ethernet, TCP/IP and VPN
- File server knowledge
- Experience with desktop security products
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient applying tablet, desktop, Server Operating Systems, and all Microsoft applications
- Possession of advanced knowledge of Wireless technologies and LAN
- Knowledge of Active Directory and various technical support concepts, procedures, and practices
- Proficient in the Microsoft platform and software stack.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot common IT issues.