Lionbridge enables more than 800 world-leading brands to increase international market share, speed adoption of products and effectively engage their customers in local markets worldwide. Using our innovative cloud technology platforms and our global crowd of more than 100,000 professional cloud workers, we provide translation, digital marketing, global content management and application testing solutions that ensure global brand consistency, local relevancy and technical usability across all touch points of the customer lifecycle. Based in Waltham, Mass., Lionbridge maintains solution centers in 28 countries.
Employee Sub-Group: Regular PT Hourly
Location: Waltham , Massachusetts
Position Title: IT Intern
In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the integrity of all computers, mobile devices and associated software within the Waltham office. They will work with other team members to organize and structure IT related equipment and peripherals.
- Monitor and maintain a centralized help desk ticketing system, including network and user support requests
- Resolve user identified problems through troubleshooting and solution implementations
- Build and install PCs related to desktop/laptop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards
- Migrate/image Windows 7 computers to Windows 10 within allotted time frame
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain all hardware and software related issues for users, on site and remotely
- Maintain the operation and maintenance of anti-virus and spyware applications on desktop/laptop computing systems
- Work closely with other members of the department on corporate initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of computer hardware, software, peripheral equipment and virus/malware tools
- Knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Office 2013/2016 application suite
- Good customer service skills and able to work well with all levels of the organization
- Some college with 1-2yrs of relevant experience or 2-3yrs of equivalent experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.