IT Network Engineer
Border States Electric – Fargo, ND
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means youre empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Fargo , NDJob Summary Supports the day-to-day operations of the Information Technologies Department by providing engineering direction and administrating the local area networks, wide area networks, wireless infrastructure, and network security that support the day to day company operations. Responsible for network performance management, capacity planning, network modeling, forecasting, and availability. Works with network systems in multiple data centers and branches. Ensures disaster recovery processes and procedures are maintained. Interprets and analyzes complex data from network systems.RESPONSIBILITIES Essential Functions
- Responsible for network and telecommunications system design, planning, and engineering.
- Researches and evaluates technical alternatives and provides recommendations for all networking technology
- Responsible for network performance management, capacity planning, network modeling, forecasting, and availability.
- Works with network systems in multiple data centers and branches.
- Implements new disaster recovery capabilities.
- Ensures disaster recovery processes and procedures are maintained.
- Ensures network security by implementing network security policies and procedures.
- Protects against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction of corporate data.
- Uses advanced troubleshooting and monitoring tools.
- Interprets and analyzes complex data from network systems.
- Works directly with other groups within the IT Engineering team to provide network configuration and support for our Servers, Storage, and Telecommunications technologies.
- Works with leading vendors in designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting voice and data networks.
- Provides technical guidance and assistance to Network AdministratorsNon-Essential Functions
- Works as a part of the IT helpdesk and assists PC users on hardware and software problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.QUALIFICATIONS
- Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Electrical Engineering degree or the equivalent in work experience.
- Experience with Cisco route, switch, and wireless networks, firewalls, VPNs, MPLS-based WANs, and related network services including TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, QoS, VoIP, and network security is preferred.
- Experience with Cisco ACI, Cisco DNA Center, SD-WAN concepts and implementation, DMVPN, WAN Acceleration, VoIP, Optical Circuits, Linux and Windows is very helpful.
- Ability to read, write and speak English preferred.
- Prefer good working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), Internet, and Email.