FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
IT Security Director
Led by some of the most innovative, experienced people in the business, FreeWheel Advertisers powers over 1,200 media buying agencies and advertisers, processing more than $50bn per year. Over 7,500 media buyers in the U.S. and Europe rely on us to effectively manage their business. Through a scalable, global platform and open architecture, we offer a flexible system to support all media types in a rapidly changing landscape. As part of FreeWheel, a Comcast Company, we power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces that allow buyers and sellers to transact across all screens, across all data types and all sales channels.
The IT Security Director is responsible for managing and enhancing our existing networking, systems, and application related security. The IT Security Director plans and develops a security program and architecture that supports strategic business objectives. He/She will also develop and promote IT security and communicates objectives throughout the company. Essential functions of the position are as follows:
- Drive security policies, guidelines and standards per NIST Cyber Security Framework or ISO 27001.
- Initiate and interact with external consultants and auditors (external/internal) to conduct independent corporate security risk assessments and audits; coordinate corrective actions for identified security exposures.
- Design and implement an IT security architecture, infrastructure, and strategy to meet corporate information and data security requirements, business objectives, and government regulatory requirements.
- Prepare reports that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused.
- Develop security standards and best practices for our organization.
- Develop and implement an Incident Reporting & Response System to address security incidents and respond to alleged policy violations or complaints from external parties.
- Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment program targeting information security and privacy matters; recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation and oversee vulnerability testing.
- Develop strategies for secure cloud-based services.
- Develop and drive effective secrets management architectures.
- Engage in project budgeting, quality assessment & control and resource management.
- Research new developments in information technology and their relevance to current business needs and security strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of complex industry trends specifically to the AdTech industry, current security issues and security technology and update management on risks and threats that could impact company business.
- Ensure proactive maintenance of the technology environment, including compliance with governance and regulatory requirements and security management.
- Promote continuous improvement by leveraging best practices and quality improvement methodologies.
- Partner with upper management to determine acceptable levels of risk for the enterprise.
- The IT Security Director will have no supervisory responsibilities, but must function well within project teams, working with Network Engineers, Product Managers, tech leads, and other team members.
- Experience with the advertising/media industry is a plus.
We are fundamentally looking for bright, enthusiastic problem solvers. If you are someone who loves a challenge, constantly evaluates and questions we are looking forward to meeting you.
- BA and CISSP certification required.
- 10 + years of related experience
- At least 5 years working in an IT security management role
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
- Positive attitude and interpersonal skills needed to interact with our teams
As well as working in a fun, friendly and focused environment that is challenging and rewarding on a daily basis you will also get:
- Health/Rx/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Virtual Doctor Visits
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Wellness Programs
- 401(k) match up to 6%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Health & Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Comcast Courtesy Services within the Comcast footprint
- Free beverages, snacks, coffee, game room, as well as social and community events;
- Access to training platforms such as Pluralsight, Lynda.com and career development programs
- Assemble a team and participate in our Innovation days, where everyone is given free rein to build something that will awe the entire company;
- And many more!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer