All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and the Medical Center.
1. Technical lead responsible for the administration, installation, and troubleshooting of enterprise security applications and/or application modules.
2. Responsible for the support, maintenance, and configuration of security application and/or systems.
3. Technical lead for performing daily application/system health checks, reviewing, testing, and implementing upgrades and/or patches for security applications and/or application modules to achieve the desired business needs. Responsible for ensuring appropriate integration with other enterprise applications.
4. Facilitate/Lead and/or participate in meetings with application vendors, key stake holders, and/or committees to review and approve security exceptions and/or expanded access requests.
5. Identify and document workflow regarding the proper use of enterprise applications and data to minimize security risks associated with inappropriate use, malware, and/or exposure of confidential information.
6. Effectively communicates system upgrades and downtimes while escalating issues within the organization as needed.
7. Participate in incident response exercises with colleagues throughout the organization and incorporate lessons-learned into existing practices.
8. Communicates effectively to provide optimal support of all departments Information Services needs in a manner that promotes a professional climate throughout the Medical Center.
9. Ensure application configuration, setup and access complies with NHRMC policies, standards, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI/DSS and other related state and federal regulations.
10. Provides Tier 2, 3 and Tier 4 support by responding to Help Desk requests from end-users; defining priorities, answering questions and resolving problems. This support includes participating in the IS on-call rotation.
11. Participates on the Change Management Committee as needed.
12. Demonstrates standard of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support customer experience and principles of service excellence
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Identity Access Management EPIC - IT Senior Security Analyst: This position requires an EPIC Security certification with expert level competency in EPIC Security. This includes an expert level working knowledge of EPIC security as it relates to configuration, setup, and ongoing maintenance of EPIC EMP and SER master files. Ability to serve as the lead for EPIC security related projects and EPIC access requests related to the security of the electronic health record. Strong working knowledge of how identity access management systems integrate with EPIC. Prefer candidates with EPIC SER Administration badge certification
1. Education Bachelor degree
2. Licensure/Certifications: CISSP are preferred.
3. Experience: Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center - Wilmington, NC
Harris Teeter - Wilmington, NC
Harris Teeter - Wilmington, NC
MCG Transportation - Wilmington, NC
Casey’s Buffet - Wilmington, NC