This position is for Blue Federal Credit Union (formerly Warren Federal Credit Union and Community Financial Credit Union). Our buildings, signage, and websites are still in the process of reflecting our new name - Blue.
This position is responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of service by providing direct IT support to staff and at times members and by supervising the Help Desk and managing the technical support staff. Responsible for leading the Helpdesk by engaging in more proactive planning and support and organizing the Helpdesk to be flexible and adaptable in meeting the changing needs of the Credit Union.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the Helpdesk support staff by defining and establishing schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with service related issues as needed.
- Consults with IT operations management, supervisory staff, and various IT personnel to assure that IT standards for control, security, and recoverability are understood and followed; coordinates with other IT Technical Support staff to assure that appropriate IT computing standards are implemented and maintained; manages software upgrades to assure compliance with standards and control procedures.
- Train helpdesk staff on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Provide training on new hardware and/or software applications as requested.
- Develops and tests data communications procedures for links to members and data services; develops and tests interface file handling procedures for data moving between platforms, members, and media.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with IT Systems Administration staff to support the following computing components:
- PC/LAN servers and workstations
- WAN communications links
- Site hardware/software
- Business systems software
- Assists staff in on site research of production problems and training of supervisory staff on new procedures/software
Knowledge & Skills
Two to Five years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions.
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
- Previous data processing experience including networks, PCs, data communications, mainframe and PC programming and data organization.
- Assist in technical planning and project management.
- Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other data processing professionals as well as non-technical users.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and travel independently and use general office equipment, give speeches and make presentations.